The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Rangers fire president John Davidson, GM Jeff Gorton; name Chris Drury as new president & GM

Rate this topic

56 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Shocking moves, they've done a great job. Hard to imagine its not related.

But speaking of available executives; @Jimmy McGill Does Davidson not seem like a great candidate for president? Aqua should be looking at that.

yeah I had the same thought. We do need that position filled with an experienced exec. 

• Cheers 1

"This is not related at all, but call out our shady tactics and your management is looking for new jobs."

"Now tell the Sportsnet guys to reiterate it has nothing to do with the statement."

"Oh and tell the refs to "watch" the players, we want a message sent."

GM did support his players and got fired,

players should absolutely support their GM.

if it is all related to Wilson,rangers players should boycott.

P.S Dolan is one horrible owner.

Edited by BENN

Please let this news be followed up with an announcement firing Benning and Weisbrod as a message we want to actually go after some guys like this who will be available.

For those saying you want brass who will stand up to the league... the first thing is that the statement made by the owner isn't how you do that, because it has the opposite effect if you really wanted Parros fired.  Now Bettman and company would absolutely dig in their heels so they aren't seen as caving to one upset owner.  If you want to register your anger, pick up the phone and put Bettman on blast in private.

The second thing is, pick your battles.  There will be things more important to your team to hold your ground on than seeing if a player from another team gets suspended or not.

Edited by Provost
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, BENN said:

https://nesn.com/2013/04/report-madison-square-garden-chairman-james-dolan-fires-later-rehires-security-guard-for-not-recognizing-him/

"

James Dolan is such a peach.

Dolan, the self-absorbed chairman of The Madison Square Garden Company, is popular with just about nobody, and this latest story will not win him any fans. According to the New York Post, Dolan became angry when a security guard denied him access to a private club at MSG during Sunday’s Knicks-Celtics game because Dolan was not wearing ID.

Dolan, who never wears his Garden ID, according to the Post, was indignant.

“Do you know who I am?” Dolan reportedly said.

The security guard did not, despite reportedly working at the arena for three years. Dolan fired her on the spot, shouting, “I’m your boss! I pay your salary! … I have to get new security in this building! I have idiots working here!”

Overnight, Dolan either had a change of heart or someone was able to talk sense into him. The guard was hired back on Monday and was back at a different post for that night’s Rangers game, the Post reports.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, khay said:

Why is Gorton a good GM? (honestly don't know, don't follow NYR all that much).

His achievements are,

1. signing Panarin for 10+ mil.

2. Tanking hard for Kakko.

3. Got lucky with Lafreniere.

Did he trade for Zibanejad?

I guess cleared the house very quickly when it became clear that the team isn't contending.

Because people are desperate to move away from Benning that anyone seems "better". Confirmation bias.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, mll said:

They have distanced themselves from that statement that was initiated from ownership.  That’s why some are speculating their firing is not a coincidence.

Good.

This would piss me off if I was ownership. Well done getting rid of them.  Unified front or nothing. It’s not like they impressed ownership with the constant losing seasons.

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

Good.

This would piss me off if I was ownership. Well done getting rid of them.  Unified front or nothing. It’s not like they impressed ownership with the constant losing seasons.

They are in a rebuild that was started at the 2018 TDL.  

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, BENN said:

GM did support his players and got fired,

players should absolutely support their GM.

if it is all related to Wilson,rangers players should boycott.

Look at his interference with respect to the New York Knicks.  That franchise has been irrelevant for many decades now I think.

1 hour ago, gurn said:

https://nesn.com/2013/04/report-madison-square-garden-chairman-james-dolan-fires-later-rehires-security-guard-for-not-recognizing-him/

"

James Dolan is such a peach.

Dolan, the self-absorbed chairman of The Madison Square Garden Company, is popular with just about nobody, and this latest story will not win him any fans. According to the New York Post, Dolan became angry when a security guard denied him access to a private club at MSG during Sunday’s Knicks-Celtics game because Dolan was not wearing ID.

Dolan, who never wears his Garden ID, according to the Post, was indignant.

“Do you know who I am?” Dolan reportedly said.

The security guard did not, despite reportedly working at the arena for three years. Dolan fired her on the spot, shouting, “I’m your boss! I pay your salary! … I have to get new security in this building! I have idiots working here!”

Overnight, Dolan either had a change of heart or someone was able to talk sense into him. The guard was hired back on Monday and was back at a different post for that night’s Rangers game, the Post reports.

being a billionaire pretty much requires you to be a sociopath. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1