The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NDSF: (1) Toronto Maple Leafs vs. (4) Montreal Canadiens | Canadiens win series 4-3

Rate this topic

2021 Stanley Cup Playoffs | Round 1  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Maple Leafs in 4
    • Maple Leafs in 5
    • Maple Leafs in 6
    • Maple Leafs in 7
    • Canadiens in 4
    • Canadiens in 5
    • Canadiens in 6
    • Canadiens in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/22/2021 at 11:00 PM

15 minutes ago, LeafsFanDan said:

To be fair everyone discounted Montreal and almost everyone knew Montreal would be laughed out of the series.. it was almost a sure bet..

Its unreal how Leafs collapsed, honestly no one saw this coming  if you actually pay attention to the experts of the game, the media, the people who live and breath hockey they all said Leafs are a sure bet to go deep

Everyone is shocked.

You should take a gander at the poll results... no one is shocked

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, bad alice french said:

Just sitting around the dinner table listening to the Sportsnet Toronto feed with a big smile on my face. You should hear these homers focussing this whole loss on players not performing and giving zero credit to Montreal. Just makes my stomach tickle hearing these guys squirm and cry over this loss. Once again it’s always about Toronto and nobody else. Hilarious

Maybe it'll lead to some knee-jerk reactions and firesales

I suppose there's probably nothing else that they could have said other than this is an opportunity, but pre-game quotes from the Leafs sound so ominous now. Next time they get in another game 7 after a blown series led, I'm curious as to what they will say.

Sheldon Keefe: "As much as it sucks how we got here and what we've been through the last couple games ... I really feel, frankly, we're right where we're supposed to be. We're facing a Game 7 situation, a very difficult task at a time when the other team has momentum, at a time when you start to doubt and question yourself and people on the outside doubt and question you. You got an opportunity here in a Game 7 to embrace that and meet that head on and push through it."

Auston Matthews: "We've been on the other end of the stick in these do-or-die games. We would like to rewrite that script and we have a great opportunity come Monday."

Morgan Reilly: "Obviously, nerves come into play. It's a big challenge for us, but having that experience of playing in these games helps." 

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Playoff rounds won since 2003:

Vancouver - 8

Toronto - 1 

The best part is with the Leafs tying up half their cap to 4 players their misery should linger on for years to come. 

And no first this year. 

• Upvote 1