The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Cheering for the Montreal Canadiens

Rate this topic

Me_

2 minutes ago, Duodenum said:

No Canucks fan would ever cheer for a Canadian team after Canada dumped all over the Canucks in 2011. 

Go anybody else. 

Just now, King Heffy said:

Montreal was one of the few fanbases who were rooting for us due to their rivalry with Boston.

I remember it the way King Heffy does too.

• Vintage 1

7 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

I'm cheering for local guys like Price, Weber, and Gallagher to win a cup.

I'll be happy for them for their success as individuals, same with Burr, but I can't cheer for Montreal.

15 minutes ago, Duodenum said:

No Canucks fan would ever cheer for a Canadian team after Canada dumped all over the Canucks in 2011. 

Go anybody else. 

Habfans didn't that.  While they might have not directly cheered *for* us, no REAL Habfan would EVER cheer for the Bruins.  Unlike Lafffan.  Unlike Coilerfan.  Unlike Lamerfan.  Unlike Henfans.  **** the Jets because they took our AHL affiliate in Manitoba.:lol:

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

No rational reason but I'll cheer for the Islanders til the end, after that i don't know. Tampa after their cup circumventon? No. Love their roster though. Col, maybe. Vegas? Well, no...  Montreal? No, just no...

Will say though that i never expected Vegas or Montreal to go this far, so kudos for that.

Nobody to root for in the final four? Business as usual then... ;-)

14 minutes ago, Duodenum said:

Go anybody else. 

I will NEVER cheer for Vegas. 

I'd rather see Montreal win.

In fact I'd rather see Montreal win just as the underdog. 

And they beat the Leafs, so there's some redeeming qualities. :)

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Can't stand the Habs....especially can't stand Habs fans....bragging about all those championships....back when there were six teams...

Firmly on the Islanders bandwagon and if they lose, then whoever is still playing, except Montreal...