The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks won’t protect Kole Lind

13 hours ago, 73 Percent said:

I'm not so sure of that. He had an amazing playoffs but it's the first time hes flashed like that for an extended period in a long while.

1 season over .910 since 2017. 

This playoff was an outlier.

I mean, to be fair, Montreal's roster isn't worth much and hasn't been worth much in a while. They are slightly better than we are on paper.

4 minutes ago, aGENT said:

To be fair, Roussel was full value his first year up until his knee injury.

Scored at a near 2nd line level, elite pest, decent two way game.

That knee injury &^@#ed him.

Plus he's a player who's not afraid to match up against the reaves of the league. We don't have many of those;  especially since we traded Gaudette.

• Haha 2

Just now, RWMc1 said:

Plus he's a player who's not afraid to match up against the reaves of the league. We don't have many of those;  especially since we traded Gaudette.

:blink:

tenor.gif

When the hell did Gaudette 'match up with the Reaves of the league'?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, aGENT said:

tenor.gif

When the hell did Gaudette 'match up with the Reaves of the league'?

That was sarcasm. Roussel is under appreciated for what he brings where guys like Gaudette, Goldobin, and Boucher are over valued.

• Cheers 3

On 7/18/2021 at 12:10 PM, EternalCanuckFan said:

I think one major difference is that Dickinson is 26.  His offensive production doesn't pop but it's not non existent.  I don't expect Dickinson to have a large bump in offensive production but he could still be a 15G 15A type defensive forward to plays very difficult minutes and could do it much better than what Sutter or Beagle can do at this point of their careers.  Of course depends on linemates too which is why it's important for the Canucks to still make some acquisitions which help put more skill further down the lineup.

If you look at what our bottom six scored last year...well he's pretty much the cream of the crop and that's not his game.   Aside from old reliable Sutter...JV sucked, AG sucked royally because he's only on one side of the puck really (like Bear) .. Dickinson will be fine. 

On 7/17/2021 at 1:35 PM, Johnny Torts said:

Yeah, but just to be safe. Need that cap space.

I don't think the expansion draft is something we can just magically take advantage of. Seems more selfish than anything to me to think Seattle would just be willing to help us like that when they're going to have a lot of goalie options along with a number of deals they can have with other teams.

2 minutes ago, The Lock said:

I don't think the expansion draft is something we can just magically take advantage of. Seems more selfish than anything to me to think Seattle would just be willing to help us like that when they're going to have a lot of goalie options along with a number of deals they can have with other teams.

Seems like other teams are interested in Holtby if Seattle doesn’t take him

Matt Leblanc Reaction GIF

15 hours ago, aGENT said:

To be fair, Roussel was full value his first year up until his knee injury.

Scored at a near 2nd line level, elite pest, decent two way game.

That knee injury &^@#ed him.

100%
And hes such a down to earth nice guy. I really hope he can find his game again and his knee gets back to normal

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, knucklehead91 said:

100%
And hes such a down to earth nice guy. I really hope he can find his game again and his knee gets back to normal

A healthy Roussel would be a big boost to this team.

4th line with bumps up to 3rd from time to time, would be great for him, good for the team.

• Cheers 1

6 hours ago, Johnny Torts said:

Seems like other teams are interested in Holtby if Seattle doesn’t take him

Matt Leblanc Reaction GIF

I think Seattle is going to take either Holtby or Lind. Just my opinion on that. Highmore kind of player is a dime a dozen in the league. Easy to get. 

1 hour ago, N4ZZY said:

I think Seattle is going to take either Holtby or Lind. Just my opinion on that. Highmore kind of player is a dime a dozen in the league. Easy to get. 

I hope so, I'd rather keep Highmore then Lind.  

On 7/20/2021 at 1:28 AM, VancouverHabitant said:

I hope so, I'd rather keep Highmore then Lind.  

We're seeing Highmore's top ability right now whereas Lind still has a lot of untapped potential.

I don't think/hope Seattle don't care much about a project like Lind and are more interested in taking someone like Holtby who can play now or they can trade immediately for better value than Lind.

Hopefully we're lucky Lind hasn't really done much (yet) because he does have some serious potential. Sure, he may not realise it, but he's still got a good two-way 2nd line scoring winger potential since he was drafted.

5 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

We're seeing Highmore's top ability right now whereas Lind still has a lot of untapped potential.

I don't think/hope Seattle don't care much about a project like Lind and are more interested in taking someone like Holtby who can play now or they can trade immediately for better value than Lind.

Hopefully we're lucky Lind hasn't really done much (yet) because he does have some serious potential. Sure, he may not realise it, but he's still got a good two-way 2nd line scoring winger potential since he was drafted.

Lind needs to clear waivers to be sent down.