The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks release protected list for expansion draft

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2021 Expansion Draft  

307 members have voted

1. 1. Who will the Kraken pick from the Canucks?

• Sven Baertschi (F)
    • Justin Bailey (F)
    • Jay Beagle (F)
    • Travis Boyd (F)
    • Loui Eriksson (F)
    • Jonah Gadjovich (F)
    • Tyler Graovac (F)
    • Jayce Hawryluk (F)
    • Matthew Highmore (F)
    • Lukas Jasek (F)
    • Kole Lind (F)
    • Zack MacEwen (F)
    • Petrus Palmu (F)
    • Antoine Roussel (F)
    • Brandon Sutter (F)
    • Jimmy Vesey (F)
    • Jake Virtanen (F)
    • Madison Bowey (D)
    • Guillaume Brisebois (D)
    • Jalen Chatfield (D)
    • Alexander Edler (D)
    • Travis Hamonic (D)
    • Brogan Rafferty (D)
    • Ashton Sautner (D)
    • Josh Teves (D)
    • Braden Holtby (G)

This poll is closed to new votes

5 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

Would you take Patty Kane?

Beat up a cabby for 50 cents; embroiled in violence against prostitutes (perhaps?).

If your actually asking my opinion........?

There should no place for anyone except jail if they perpetrated sexual violence towards any woman.

What cave did you crawl out of?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

8 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Jake, Jared, Troy and Adam could all be Kraken Tuesday.  Crazy! 

That would be wild! And actually a fairly reasonable chance.

Do we know why Toronto made that trade for McCann only to expose him lol

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Vintage 1

13 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

Would you take Patty Kane?

Beat up a cabby for 50 cents; embroiled in violence against prostitutes (perhaps?).

No, I would not.

6 minutes ago, AbrasiveAjax said:

There should no place for anyone except jail if they perpetrated sexual violence towards any woman.

People that "perpetrated" violence against anyone, should do jail time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, AbrasiveAjax said:

You cannot seem to separate the value of the player to the team from the personal issues.

I do not in any way condone violence perpetrated on anyone (outside of gameplay).

All I am saying is we could have got something for Jake before exposing him to the expansion draft.

It should be obvious to any adult that the actions in her claim (if true, and they probably are) are abhorrent.

• RoughGame 2

Is it bad that I won’t feel that sad if any of these players get picked?  I was thinking that we would have left Tyler Motte unprotected and I woulda been really sad with his loss, but damn that guy is such a beast he’s outperformed all expectations and worked his way onto our expansion protection list.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Goal:thecup said:

You cannot seem to separate the value of the player to the team from the personal issues.

I do not in any way condone violence perpetrated on anyone (outside of gameplay).

All I am saying is we could have got something for Jake before exposing him to the expansion draft.

It should be obvious to any adult that the actions in her claim (if true, and they probably are) are abhorrent.

If they could have I'm sure JB would have taken a 4th round pick.

You cannot seem to understand that you put your foot in your mouth with a very inappropriate statement,  now your deflecting. Take a bow, pull your foot from your mouth, and leave quietly 

• Cheers 2
  • RoughGame 1

Selecting Holtby would be a dream.  Please take that cap hit off our hands.  We now know that Demko will be our #1 so we can pick up a budget back up

Honestly, I don't see why they don't take Hamonic.  The only thing is they have to sign him.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 2

1 minute ago, Crabcakes said:

Selecting Holtby would be a dream.  Please take that cap hit off our hands.  We now know that Demko will be our #1 so we can pick up a budget back up

Honestly, I don't see why they don't take Hamonic.  The only thing is they have to sign him.

And i would think hamonic would be open to playing there, if vancouver is close enough to home i think seattle would do just fine

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

I still believe that they will take Holtby

Can't see them taking Virtanen, too much baggage in a new dressing room. I can't see them taking Lind, as I don't think he's ready to make the team full time, and they would have to waive him to send him to AHL.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

20 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

Do you think Benning just sat on JV and didn’t try to move him? Of course he tried. If the rumoured plan is to buy him out then it’s pretty obvious the intention was to trade him first but there were just no takers. 

• Thanks 2
  • Cheers 2