The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Jay Beagle, Loui Eriksson, Antoine Roussel, 2021 1st-round pick, 2022 2nd-round pick, 2023 7th-round pick to Coyotes for Oliver Ekman-Larsson, Conor Garland

1 minute ago, Tom Sestito said:

Chayka is seen as a moron by the analytics community. This is a weird straw man that you’re using to deflect because you can’t accept the fact that OEL isn’t a top pairing D anymore.

This isn’t even some sort of advanced analytic. If you play against a team’s 4th line, you will have a low QOC. This isn’t rocket science. 

Isnt Chakya a goner?  

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

One of them deals Van fans will remember where they were, when it happened.

Ol' Pat Quinn is smiling in the heavens, & giving JB a thumbs-up.

That’s the way.

We got the best player in the deal.

Edited by Me_
  • Like 3
  • Cheers 1

Ownership and management couldn't wait 1 more year for all the crap contracts to expire.

Instead they took on a longer and $&!#tier contract that's is ultimately impossible to get rid of if things fall apart

Let's hope OEL can give us 2 decent years and the rest he can just injure himself and go to LTIR

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • RoughGame 4

My goodness.... We were one year away from ditching all these bad contracts, one more year of pain.

Now we are going to have all this pain as OEL continues to decline, theres no D that gets better with age.....

And now we need Petey, Hughes, Dickenson, and Garland.... Gonna be really interesting to see.

29 minutes ago, Seguin said:

Everyone really be calling OEL washed already….

30 years old, top 4 (arguably top 2), eats minutes, can use a change of scenery 

I’m excited 

Look at Eriksson, he was when he first signed a reliable consistent forward and suddenly when he came here and age caught up become a non factor. Now JB is repeating that in OEL until 6 freakin more years. Hasn't he learned? Panic move by him to save his job!

Edited by PositionOfPower

Just now, kenhodgejr said:

I am excited to see Hoglander and Garland play together. Seems like they are similar type players. Relentless on the puck, quick skaters, creative hands and good finishers. Add in a little Bo Horvat and we might have some magic happening. Pearson is a solid 3rd line winger with finishing potential. He will be good for Podkolzin to have a mature player like that on his line. 

Podz would already look great alongside Bo and Hogz.  Thats the trio that is going to take us places.

3 minutes ago, Xur said:

Our top pairing is QH and OEL. 

pinch me. 

I must be dreaming.

This is the best day I have had being a canucks fan in 10 years. Wowowowow so happy. Is Benning single? I will marry him. Best gm since pat quinn

No it’s not they both play the LS and that pairing would get slaughtered defensively 5-on-5. The LS is currently Hughes-OEL-Rathbone. Schmidt is currently our top pairing RS D playing his offside.

Edited by TheCustodian

I’m still gonna be watching the draft. Tough that we had to give up a 2022 2nd and 2023 7th as well.  It feels like quite a price to pay to get rid of burden contracts but this gives us the wiggle room to get Petey and Huggy Bear locked up which is key. I wonder if Benning will find a way to get a pick back in tonight’s draft. Waiting game continues

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Russ said:

My goodness.... We were one year away from ditching all these bad contracts, one more year of pain.

Now we are going to have all this pain as OEL continues to decline, theres no D that gets better with age.....

And now we need Petey, Hughes, Dickenson, and Garland.... Gonna be really interesting to see.

Weber?

1 minute ago, SilentSam said:

Sit and wait for contracts to expire for another season,.  Then what?  
Your grabbing crystal balls.

we have gotten rid of 3 stagnant contracts worth 12m, make it 13m with the retention.

We have given up a Kaleidoscope Draft pick that we won’t see for 2-3 years .

and we have 6m of free space.

OEL will do well in Vancouver..  the desert is no where to hockey,.  Shane Doan put them on the map because he loves it there, and he is/was Shane Doan.

What did you exactly see happening next year,  who comes in ?

This is real,.  Your lost perception is not.

Why will he do well here? 
it’s more like fingers crossed he does well here just because it isn’t phx. Huh

yeah wait for the contracts to expire actually have cap flexibility to make sure we can sign import guys.

( foresight) 

We aren’t a cup team with OEL and we won’t be for atleast a few more years just in time for OEL to be worthless except the 7.5 in cap he collecting 

And just in time to see that 9th coming into the league.

this will be Yet another “hindsight” excuse. 

• RoughGame 1

Just now, TheCustodian said:

No it’s not they both play the LS and that pairing would get slaughtered defensively 5-on-5. The LS is currently Hughes-OEL-Rathbone.

We definitely could use another RD… If JB could somehow nab Dobson I would die happy lol. 

4 minutes ago, .Naslund said:

He plays great when he's on Sweden with actual NHL players and not muddling his career away in Arizona where there's no fans, and no passion for hockey. He's probably pumped to play with some fellow countrymen and play some meaningful hockey for the first time in his NHL career.  You can crunch numbers as much as you want but hockey players and humans in general are emotional beings.  He could've been burnt out in Arizona for sure. Look at James Harden situation in Houston at the beginning of the year 

Not to mention the Vancouver/Sweden lovefest that we have here. That with the Sedins involved in the team will surely rejuvenate him.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Russ said:

Who are you signing with your cap space next year? Are you signing seth jones? People on this board like to pinpoint specific players that fit the mold for our team (aka all the available RHD in the NHL), BUT nhl players are humans and may have no desire at all to play for the canucks. Adam Larsson clearly didn't, Jones definitely doesn't want too, list goes on and on. You can't just start penciling in free agents because we have cap and we're a "nice city " :lol:

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1