The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Jay Beagle, Loui Eriksson, Antoine Roussel, 2021 1st-round pick, 2022 2nd-round pick, 2023 7th-round pick to Coyotes for Oliver Ekman-Larsson, Conor Garland

2 minutes ago, Duodenum said:

This defense needs two prime Chris Prongers just to get back to respectability.

Hughes/Rathbone/Myers/OEL we are going to bleed goals against. 

Yea wasn’t sure who Chris Printer was lol

3 minutes ago, Tom Sestito said:

OEL is the Kevin Love of the NHL. Washed up guy making superstar money on an awful contract with term remaining.

Also not the first time in his career. The Coyotes have made it further in the playoffs than we have since we made it to the finals. Both teams have been mediocre for a decade now basically. 

Maybe the effort level picks up. I would hope it does. 

Aragorn Hope GIF - Aragorn Hope Always - Discover & Share GIFs

• Cheers 1

Just now, Johnny Torts said:

After the money Edler has made, its a head scratcher as to why he wouldnt take a hometown discount, and one to help the team and maybe a shot at a very deep playoff run. 

1 word - Calgary - thats why :p

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, appleboy said:

They just took LE and turned it around and added an O.    OEL.    Plus another 5 years at 7 mil.

That cost us a 9th overall ,a 2nd and a 7th.         LOL

As usual, you just ignore evidence. This guy.

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 3

49 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Garland is the steal of this trade. Perfect winger for BO. He could hit 60 points next year. Will allow BO to focus on being a 2C and the Dickinson line will be the shutdown line. 

He may well be, and do exactly that. His points speak for themselves. I'm excited to have him on board.

I know with today's NHL, there is less emphasis put on the size of a team's forwards. Seems many teams have that diminutive, sneaky guy. But I gotta maintain that come playoff time, you need as many tough, rugged guys as you can and this just seems like a quick way to playoff injury or being shut down at the least.

Tell me I'm wrong. Maybe this guy is a pound for pound phenom or something. I honestly have never watched his play.

2 minutes ago, appleboy said:

They just took LE and turned it around and added an O.    OEL.    Plus another 5 years at 7 mil.

That, and the fact that one player is a can play top D mins and the other is best when eating popcorn in the press box. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Alienhuggyflow said:

For me given all that surrounded that franchise skewed his game. When your young playing on a crappy team is fine as long as you personally up your value. A guy like OEL who had a mutual diststian of contempt with Tochett, playing for a franchise that is more concerned with money then winning, a guy with nothing to play for isn't going to be at his best. hes young, relatively healthy and is now playing for a team he actively wanted to come to and is hell bent on winning. I really don't thinks it's a stretch to say we see a better OEL.

That’s what they said about Karlsson.

How’s he doing in San Jose?

• Cheers 3

1 minute ago, MikeBossy said:

Instead of jumping off a bridge like some CDCers I am going to hold judgement on this deal - OEL is only 30 and did play on Arizona. And Garland is a beaut!!! The 1st sucks but Miller worked out just fine and I am sorry - 1 more year of Sleepy Loui is too much for me - Adios Amigo!!! (Of course he will end up potting 30 goals in Phoenix now just watch haha)

Totally. Its exciting to have HOPE again. 

Like i said earlier, we aren't trading a first round pick every year, especially when our core pieces fully arrive in Horvat, Pettersson, Boeser, Hughes, Rathbone, Garland. I am very happy. This move tells all our boys in the locker room " We believe in you, go and get it the &^@# done boys"

• Like 2

1 minute ago, StiffStick33 said:

Wow Seth Jones to Chicago for 11oa and Boqvist makes our trade seem like an absolute STEAL

And that contract is super ugly. 9.5 for 7 years.

We have 7 for 6 (because of cap retention) + Garland, who is not a throwaway. Not even close.

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 2