The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Jay Beagle, Loui Eriksson, Antoine Roussel, 2021 1st-round pick, 2022 2nd-round pick, 2023 7th-round pick to Coyotes for Oliver Ekman-Larsson, Conor Garland

Just now, Jimmy McGill said:

I know one thing, we are a much better team today than we were last week. 

We'll see where it all shakes out, but as of right now we really don't have a bad player under contract, depending on how you view Holtby. And he might not be here soon. 

After our roster is complete, im excited that there wont be a guy that we look at on the roster sheet like, this guy is not good. Solid starting lineup once we round out the D

• Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

How many ankle surgeries has OEL had (legit question)? I called Karlsson's bad contract before he was even traded. One ankle for a guy that did all his damage with his skating was gonna have him getting grossly overpaid.

Knock on wood. Hockey DB OEL and most seasons he's played the full sched. Knock on wood.

1 minute ago, Iron Fist said:

I think we should keep holtby and Schmidt. Our teams different now

If we can still balance the cap, this team improved TREMENDOUSLY on paper. We also have Podkolzin who can develop at his own pace here without having to worry that he's going to be rushed.

I'm super stoked about playing Seattle. I honestly think they're a badly constructed team right now.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

At first I was "Wow! we're actually getting OEL and Garland!  Hmm sucks to lose the 1st, but wait a minute...Benning was able to trade Eriksson, Roussel and Beagle too?"

Reminds me of a song

"Master! Master! Master of Armstrong, Jim's pulling his strings!!"

I feel lighter

Well at least he is not...

Twisting your mind and smashing your dreams

25 minutes ago, Tom Sestito said:

You have this totally wrong. Garland is a very good top six forward on any competitive team.

OEL got killed playing against other team’s bottom sixes. He’s a #5D

When you spew this kind of stuff, "OEL is a #5 D," it's hard to take you seriously.  

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1