The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Buyout] Canucks terminate Virtanen’s contract

9 minutes ago, RakuRaku said:

OK... Forgive me if I've been ignorant, what kind of character issues does Tkachuk have?? 

He put up so many points in his career, plays on the edge although some hits were pretty dirty... But did he get himself into such a deep trouble like this?? He gave his all in every shift!! 

Numerous cheap shots, turtles when he's called to answer for them, cries like a little baby when his teammates get sick of his trash.  No respectable team would tolerate that gutless piece of trash constantly disgracing the franchise.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1
  • RoughGame 1

Just now, RakuRaku said:

Let's hope Dickinson and Garland won't ask for big$.... Coz their agents probably know JB is a very generous man!! $3M as a starting point for 4the liners lol... 

maybe some moves still to come..

im hopeful of us grabbing Zadorov.

Benning must still realize he only has one physical guy back there.. I’m looking forward to Woo’s camp,.  But still young, get him in on some fair rotation out of Abby this season.

So nice that the farm is close to home for many franchise  reasons.

• Cheers 1

37 minutes ago, Abysmal Moniker said:

Kinda hoping for the unlikely resurrection of Jake on another team, if only to witness how fast the anti-Benning brigade do a 180 degree pivot from "JB wasted a first round pick on an obvious bust" to "JB cut loose an obvious superstar."

spacer.png

7 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

JB just cleared about 14m off the cap in 2 days.

adding a third highly skilled D man in OEL and having Arizona retain 1m of his hit, and a player who plays kinda like B Marchand in Garland.

Thats not bad for a 9th OA draft pick.

Or he added one of the worst contracts in the league, couldn't get Arizona to add a 2nd and wasted the 9th overall pick because he still doesn't have space to sign a top 6 forward in Free Agency.  Now he has to literally get rid of two players he just signed last offseason.  I like Garland for the 9th on it's own but he took a huge risk by taking on OEL and risks haven't been kind to Benning.

• Cheers 1
  • RoughGame 1

2 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Numerous cheap shots, turtles when he's called to answer for them, cries like a little baby when his teammates get sick of his trash.  No respectable team would tolerate that gutless piece of trash constantly disgracing the franchise.

OK.. So... Let's say ur given ONLY 2 choices...  Tkachuk who guarantees points or Jake V who's constantly in the news for wrong reasons?? Sometimes in life we don't always have perfect characters to build a winning team... 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Jack Fig said:

I'm more than familiar with the past. I was just going for some easy humour. 

God, those early 80’s teams watching from the nosebleeds at the Coliseum.  Cheap seats for us students back then.  Not a lot to cheer for some nights. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

maybe some moves still to come..

im hopeful of us grabbing Zadorov.

Benning must still realize he only has one physical guy back there.. I’m looking forward to Woo’s camp,.  But still young, get him in on some fair rotation out of Abby this season.

So nice that the farm is close to home for many franchise  reasons.

But Zadorov will ask for much more $ than Kulikov??  I'd take Kulikov for cheap who speaks really good English and can babysit Podz... 

Just now, RakuRaku said:

OK.. So... Let's say ur given ONLY 2 choices...  Tkachuk who guarantees points or Jake V who's constantly in the news for wrong reasons?? Sometimes in life we don't always have perfect characters to build a winning team... 

JV is less of a locker room cancer than Tkachuk and was pretty easy to get rid of.  It's even worse when your locker room cancer is one of your statistical leaders because then it's front page news when you put him in the press box to try to get him to play like a man instead of a little b****.  We're finally free of Jake, while Calgary still has precisely zero men in their top 6.

• Wat 1

11 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

Or he added one of the worst contracts in the league, couldn't get Arizona to add a 2nd and wasted the 9th overall pick because he still doesn't have space to sign a top 6 forward in Free Agency.  Now he has to literally get rid of two players he just signed last offseason.  I like Garland for the 9th on it's own but he took a huge risk by taking on OEL and risks haven't been kind to Benning.

Well maybe this is the time for Bennings risks to pay off, so far he's making the right moves

• Cheers 2

3 hours ago, HC20.0 said:

Eriksson, Roussel, Beagle, and now Virtanen all gone in a week. Benning trying to fix his past mistakes.

Remember when many were positive with these signings ?

Hopefully none of the recent moves will have cause the same anxiety to be rid of them in a short span

I think we will be a much better team than last year (which wasn't hard to do)

I am not so sure we have the assets now to be the best in the future now though ?

I question if the objective is just short range in just not to be at the bottom of the standings anymore (like we have been for many years), now that stadiums may start filling up

We will win more games now, but i want to see us win it all for once

To bad I had high hopes for him when he was drafted and the following years. He’s still young and hopefully this makes him wake up for his own sake. 

unless of coarse he did what he’s been accused of in which case good riddance.