The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Boston has offer on the table for Canucks backup Braden Holtby

Just now, King Heffy said:

I'm pretty sure Baumgartner was a big part of the problem.  There's not a lot of decent backups available this season, which is why teams are interested in Holtby.  We need to avoid being stuck with a guy like Rittich who has proven to be not NHL material.

I agree. Rittich fetched a third from Wonderboy in Toronto so I wonder where that puts Holtbys value. Also, I have to think JB has back up goalie lined up. One would hope.

1 minute ago, rekker said:

I agree. Rittich fetched a third from Wonderboy in Toronto so I wonder where that puts Holtbys value. Also, I have to think JB has back up goalie lined up. One would hope.

I'm pretty sure no GM in their right mind takes anything Dubas does seriously.  You can't use something done by anyone who is that incompetent as a comparable.

• Haha 1
  • Wat 1

5 minutes ago, combover said:

Recoup some picks

nothing retained cap dump for us. 

no first last year or this year no second next year we’ll have a gap in depth and nhl youth in a couple years. 

Picks would nice and they have a bunch of guys to get signed. I think they need the cap space. They need to get a bunch of their guys signed. 

Hughes, Petey , Dickinson , OJ and Garland.

4 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Id do 500k. Maybe a bit more, but not over 1M. Ideally no retention. 

Ideally zero but yeah 500k would be my max. The buyout on Holtby gives us a cap hit of $500,000 this year and $1.9 mil next year so if we retain any salary it needs to beat that. Retaining 1M would barely help us at all compared to a buyout.

2 hours ago, Canucks_fo_life said:

Kirk Luedeke is the managing editor for the New England Hockey Journal and New York Hockey Journal

Reading responses to this tweet from Boston fans they are quite excited about the possibility of getting Holtby and most are expecting it to cost them at least Vladar...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, flickyoursedin said:

Brendan Dillon from Washington would be nice.

Schmidt to Florida for gudas 2202 3rd

2203 3rd Macewen to st Louis for bortuzzo 

holtby 20 percent retained to Washington for garnet Hathaway 

toughness in that lineup now would be great to watch