The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PTO] Alex Chiasson with Canucks

3 hours ago, Smashian Kassian said:

I'm surprised how quickly Eric Staal's fallen off, seems like just a year ago he was still a productive player in Minnesota. Guess he's getting old tho.

Chiasson is a nice add on a tryout. Solid move.

Dude was solid in Montreal's run. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

2 hours ago, Provost said:

Seems like a no brainer.  Probably better than a few of our bottom 6 options.

There is always hope for young guys, but every year most of them fail to grab a spot.

With no Motte and possibly no Sutter to start the season I see Chiasson as a shoe in to be signed.  We need some experience on the 4th line.

Exactly my thoughts too... Just sucks for players like him caught in a pandemic..  Only the very top players get a handsome pay and most others have to scrap for 'minimum pay' jobs! 

They don't necessarily sign for the team who brings them in on a PTO if they sign anywhere at all.  I think PTO's are signed to flesh out the lines for camp and to give a guy exposure league wide.  This has only happened because Motte won't be skating in camp.

If we believe Ryan Johnson, they're not going to be placing a fringe veteran in the way of an opportunity for a young player who is ready.

• Vintage 1

Good scoring depth, but I gotta wonder if this somehow reflects on the likes of MacEwen and, to lesser extents, Lockwood.
Of course getting a vet to be competent down to the 4th line is good, but with the injury I would've thought Big Mac gets a shot.  Now instead he might be pushed out of the starting lineup again and not have the opportunity to prove himself.