The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | Quinn Hughes - Contract Discussion Thread

Rate this topic

Bertuzzipunch

32 minutes ago, mrturkish said:

I have to say as far as I’m concerned if these two kids don’t want to sign and play here. Then let em sit out the entire season. I’m so sick and tired of these kids who have a couple of good seasons then expect to sign a huge deal. Two or three years in the nhl does not prove your a star. So sit enjoy the year off and watch your team mates play. 

Where are they going to play?

Is there even a team that could offer sheet EP that Vancouver couldn't?

Is agent hoping someone does last minute that will handcuff Canucks?

Are these players going to travel overseas to play for LESS, if they don't sign, are they that hard headed?

I think Canucks and Benning give in, as they need a good season and agent knows that?

Why else would he be milking every penny while  they are RFA's and his clients want to be on a winning team ?

I think this is more about the Agents ego telling them to be patient, that they have nothing to lose (except the team jelling the longer they wait)

• Wat 1

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

If we could get Hughes for 8.25 x 8 and Petey for 9 x 8, that would be fantastic.  

I think Petey would be minimum $9.5/y on an 8 yr deal considering Kaprizov signed for $9 and Petey would be giving two more UFA years than Kap.

With that said, I’d still go $8/8 for Hughes and $9.5/8 for Petey.

• RoughGame 1

3 minutes ago, EmilyM said:

I think Petey would be minimum $9.5/y on an 8 yr deal considering Kaprizov signed for $9 and Petey would be giving two more UFA years than Kap.

With that said, I’d still go $8/8 for Hughes and $9.5/8 for Petey.

I would even do $9.5/6 for Petey, using Rantanen as a comparable. Then bridge Hughes for ~6m

Edited by -Moose
  • Cheers 2

49 minutes ago, ba;;isticsports said:

Where are they going to play?

Is there even a team that could offer sheet EP that Vancouver couldn't?

Is agent hoping someone does last minute that will handcuff Canucks?

Are these players going to travel overseas to play for LESS, if they don't sign, are they that hard headed?

I think Canucks and Benning give in, as they need a good season and agent knows that?

Why else would he be milking every penny while  they are RFA's and his clients want to be on a winning team ?

I think this is more about the Agents ego telling them to be patient, that they have nothing to lose (except the team jelling the longer they wait)

Agent makes nothing if Benning tells him to pound sand and the players are making $0.

• Vintage 1