The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT - Preseason] Vancouver @ Calgary Friday, Oct. 1/21 6:00 PM PST

Rate this topic

-AJ-

1 minute ago, CanucksCountry said:

I thought Rathbone had a really bad game tonight 

We'll never stop hearing about how dynamic Rathbone was last season...

He's good, but he's not gonna succeed if Green overplays him. The team is in need of steady defenseman, and Rathbone has some inconsistencies in his game. He should be a nice callup when there's an actual space for him.

Juolevi has proven his case, given his extensive PK time.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, 250Integra said:

Why is everyone freaking out? This is half our regular team versus their full NHL line up :lol:

CDC don’t ever change 

Starting to think half the posters here are just bots with default negative responses to everything lol

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Canadian said:

Can Sutherland ref other teams please? Cruel and unusual punishment to have this clown ref Canuck games.

I'm not sure how the NHL can look at his repeated misconduct and consider that acceptable.  The league should be sued for criminal negligence for his continued employment.

Personally, I'd tell MacEwen to drop the mitts and ensure he is physically incapable of ever rigging another game.  Give him the Steve Moore special.

Edited by King Heffy
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Well, I will start this a bit early....  

Guys that have spots on the team seem to be the ones skating the hardest out there...  Garland, Hoggy and Highmore.  

On defense Myers, Burroughs and Brad Hunt are probably the standouts tonight.  

Not that great otherwise, but I honestly don't really care how we are playing tonight as I expect less then half of our lineup to be there on the opening night.  

Burroughs has been so-so for me. Not sure what everyone is seeing there.. decent skater & good puck skills but not NHL level IQ.

I'd have Juolevi as one of the better D alongside Myers/Hunt.

My only other take-aways aside from those Dmen is; Podkolzin still has some learning to do (to be expected, it'll happen, not worried) and Petan isn't an NHL player.

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1
  • Vintage 1

Well I suppose this was about what could've been expected given the difference in rosters tonight. Expecting some cuts after tonight, more just due to three games being done now than anything else. Excited to see how things go Sunday afternoon with a roster closer to our final one.

Just now, King Heffy said:

I'm not sure how the NHL can look at his repeated misconduct and consider that acceptable.  The league should be sued for criminal negligence for his continued employment.

Personally, I'd tell MacEwen to drop the mitss and ensure he is physically incapable of ever rigging another game.

I dunno if blaming the refs is appropriate here. The Canucks simply were outmatched and outplayed.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, MikeyD said:

Utica played better defense than this lol. 

Hey man, If you enjoy packing on stress over a half AHL team vs near full nhl team during game 3 of the preseason... You do you i guess.

To me this is a good game, We should see cuts asap and be close to full roster next as well :lol:

• Cheers 1