The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Juho Lammikko | #91 | RW/C

-AJ-

On 3/10/2022 at 10:04 AM, DownUndaCanuck said:

As good as Motte has been, I think Lammikko is actually surpassing him as the best player on the 4th line and that's saying a LOT. Lammy brings what Motte does, minus a bit of offensive skill but adds a big, crushing body which he throws and uses well. 

He had a couple of fantastic shifts with Petey against the Habs even and really created some chaos by throwing his body around down low.

Absolutely brilliant scout and trade by JB, he did have a knack for finding diamonds in the rough and Lammikko is one of them, and I'm sure he'll become more and more of a fan favourite over time.

Lamm has a way better shot though vs Motte which evens out their offensive potential a bit. He also has a way of creating chances out of nothing by being smart and in the right place.

No need to pit them against each other of course, both are awesome.

• Upvote 1

On 3/10/2022 at 1:04 AM, DownUndaCanuck said:

As good as Motte has been, I think Lammikko is actually surpassing him as the best player on the 4th line and that's saying a LOT. Lammy brings what Motte does, minus a bit of offensive skill but adds a big, crushing body which he throws and uses well. 

He had a couple of fantastic shifts with Petey against the Habs even and really created some chaos by throwing his body around down low.

Absolutely brilliant scout and trade by JB, he did have a knack for finding diamonds in the rough and Lammikko is one of them, and I'm sure he'll become more and more of a fan favourite over time.

JB having a knack for "finding diamonds in the rough" is one of the most laughable comments I've heard.

Lammikko is one of very few players that has turned out for Benning.  Who else?  Maybe Highmore, MacEwan, Stecher, Leivo, Rathbone.  Boyd - someone he neglected to sign after last season.

Benning's "knack" has yielded guys like Hawryluk, Graovac, Rafferty, Chatfield, Michaelis, Vey, Biega, Bartkowski, Etem, Skille, Chaput, Megna, Boucher, Larsen, Goldobin, Cramarossa, Molino, Shore, Gagner, Pouliot, Del Zotto, Leipsic, Burmistrov, Spooner, Clendening, Teves, Juolevi, Virtanen, Vesey, etc. 

Benning's knack for finding diamonds in the rough is about as bad as it gets.  And no, first and second round picks don't count - first round is like tap ins for birdies and second round is like tap in for pars.  And everyone knew Miller was a solid player.

Lammikko may be one of the very few fine moments Benning left the Canucks with his pro scouting.

• Like 1

Jayce Hawryluk      played 68 games in the NHL  prior to his 30 with Vancouver- spent this season in the SHL

Graovac                  62  NHL  games, over 4 years prior to his 2 season,22 game Canuck stint, played in KHL this year

Rafferty                    3 games as a Canuck, spent this season in the AHL

Chatfeild                 18 games as a Canuck,  15 with Carolina this year

Michaelis               15 Canuck games, 13 with AHL Marlies this year

Vey                         18 NHL games in LA, then 116 as a Canuck, with 4 in Calgary to end his NHL career 7 years ago

Biega                       172  games over 5 season as a Canuck, then 62 over 2 season with Detriot, has 2 games this year with Leafs

Bartowski              131  in 5 seasons with Boston, then 80 games in one year for Vancouver, has 45 games in parts of 5 NHL seasons since.

Etem                     112 games with Ducks over 3 seasons,19 with Rangers, then 39 as a Canuck; last played 3 games with Ducks in  2016-17

Skille                     313 games  in 10 seasons with 4 NHL teams, then 55 with Vancouver in his last NHL season  2016-17

Chaput                   58 games in 3 seasons with Columbus, then 77  in 2 Canuck seasons, finishing with  47  games over 3 years with 2 NHLL teams

Megna                    54 games in 3 seasons,  59  games as a Canuck  then 35  in parts of 3 years with AVs

Boucher                84  in 5 seasons with 2 NHL teams,  48 over 3 seasons as a Canuck, then KHL

Larsen                   125 games in  4 season with Dallas,  30 in 1 year with Edmonton, 26 with Vancouver, then to KHL

Goldobin               11 games over 2 yrs with Sharks,  114 games over 4 seasons as a Canuck, then KHL

Cramarossa           49 games with Ducks, 10 Canuck games, 4 games with Wild over the last 5 yrs

Molino                    5 games in 2016-17 as a Canuck, then mostly AHL

Shore                 80 over parts of 4 NHL seasons, 14 as a Canuck, 5 yrs bouncing around the minors then 4 with Carolina last season

Gagner              696 games in 9 NHL season with 4 different teams, 81 Canuck games, in 2 yrs then  114 in 5 more NHL yrs with 2 teams

Pouliot               67 games in 3 yrs with Penguins, 133 with Vancouver, then 2 in 2019020 with St Louis. 

Del Zotto           484 games in 9 seasons with 2 different teams, 105  games with Vancouver, then   131games with 4 different teams over 5 seasons

Leipsic             50 games with 2 NHL teams, 31 as a Canuck, then 106 with his last 2 NHL teams

Burmistrov     324 games over 6 seasons,  24 as a Canuck, then KHL

Clendening         4 games with Chicago,17 as a Canuck, then 64  games over  5 seasons with 5 different teams

Teves              1 games as a Canuck then AHL

Juolevi           23 Canuck games, 10 with Panthers, now in Wings orginization.

Virtanen          317 games over 6 seasons- currently looking for a place to play after leaving the KHL

Vesey            334  games in 5 seasons with  3 different clubs, 20 games as a Canuck, then  55 games with Devils-so far.

Not as bad as some would think.

Given the Canucks stunk during most of those players times here.

also why mention the first rounders don't count? Kind of means they do, just by mentioning them.

1 hour ago, bigbadcanucks said:

Benning's "knack" has yielded guys like Hawryluk, Graovac, Rafferty, Chatfield, Michaelis, Vey, Biega, Bartkowski, Etem, Skille, Chaput, Megna, Boucher, Larsen, Goldobin, Cramarossa, Molino, Shore, Gagner, Pouliot, Del Zotto, Leipsic, Burmistrov, Spooner, Clendening, Teves, Juolevi, Virtanen, Vesey, etc. 

Benning's knack for finding diamonds in the rough is about as bad as it gets.  And no, first and second round picks don't count - first round is like tap ins for birdies and second round is like tap in for pars.

3 minutes ago, gurn said:

Jayce Hawryluk      played 68 games in the NHL  prior to his 30 with Vancouver- spent this season in the SHL

Graovac                  62  NHL  games, over 4 years prior to his 2 season,22 game Canuck stint, played in KHL this year

Vey                         18 NHL games in LA, then 116 as a Canuck, with 4 in Calgary to end his NHL career 7 years ago

Biega                       172  games over 5 season as a Canuck, then 62 over 2 season with Detriot, has 2 games this year with Leafs

Bartowski              131  in 5 seasons with Boston, then 80 games in one year for Vancouver, has 45 games in parts of 5 NHL seasons since.

Etem                     112 games with Ducks over 3 seasons,19 with Rangers, then 39 as a Canuck; last played 3 games with Ducks in  2016-17

Skille                     313 games  in 10 seasons with 4 NHL teams, then 55 with Vancouver in his last NHL season  2016-17

Chaput                   58 games in 3 seasons with Columbus, then 77  in 2 Canuck seasons, finishing with  47  games over 3 years with 2 NHLL teams

Megna                    54 games in 3 seasons,  59  games as a Canuck  then 35  in parts of 3 years with AVs

Boucher                84  in 5 seasons with 2 NHL teams,  48 over 3 seasons as a Canuck, then KHL

Larsen                   125 games in  4 season with Dallas,  30 in 1 year with Edmonton, 26 with Vancouver, then to KHL

Goldobin               11 games over 2 yrs with Sharks,  114 games over 4 seasons as a Canuck, then KHL

Cramarossa           49 games with Ducks, 10 Canuck games, 4 games with Wild over the last 5 yrs

Shore                 80 over parts of 4 NHL seasons, 14 as a Canuck, 5 yrs bouncing around the minors then 4 with Carolina last season

Gagner              696 games in 9 NHL season with 4 different teams, 81 Canuck games, in 2 yrs then  114 in 5 more NHL yrs with 2 teams

Pouliot               67 games in 3 yrs with Penguins, 133 with Vancouver, then 2 in 2019020 with St Louis. 

Del Zotto           484 games in 9 seasons with 2 different teams, 105  games with Vancouver, then   131games with 4 different teams over 5 seasons

Leipsic             50 games with 2 NHL teams, 31 as a Canuck, then 106 with his last 2 NHL teams

Clendening         4 games with Chicago,17 as a Canuck, then 64  games over  5 seasons with 5 different teams

Virtanen          317 games over 6 seasons- currently looking for a place to play after leaving the KHL

Vesey            334  games in 5 seasons with  3 different clubs, 20 games as a Canuck, then  55 games with Devils-so far.

also why mention the first rounders don't count? Kind of means they do, just by mentioning them.

I would at least add Motte and Dorsett to the list. Two players that JB traded for and that were immensely successful in their roles.

Also Gränlund and Bärtschi were decent finds.

Edited by joe-max
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

• 1 month later...
On 3/13/2022 at 10:20 AM, bigbadcanucks said:

JB having a knack for "finding diamonds in the rough" is one of the most laughable comments I've heard.

Lammikko is one of very few players that has turned out for Benning.  Who else?  Maybe Highmore, MacEwan, Stecher, Leivo, Rathbone.  Boyd - someone he neglected to sign after last season.

Benning's knack for finding diamonds in the rough is about as bad as it gets.  And no, first and second round picks don't count - first round is like tap ins for birdies and second round is like tap in for pars.  And everyone knew Miller was a solid player.

Lammikko may be one of the very few fine moments Benning left the Canucks with his pro scouting.

Man, the meatloaf we had at that diner last year was terribad! It was kinda' dry, even with gravy on it, and the mashed taters were overcooked and had a wallpaper paste consistency. and the veggies were also overdone and too soft... except for the peas, they were pretty good. I like peas. I didn't like the cook at that diner, which didn't help with my liking the meatloaf (or not).

I'm glad he's not there anymore...

regards,  G.

• Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, BlastPast said:

Great option to have as your 13/14th forward, but not in the top 12. I hope they keep him around.

He looked pretty good on the 4th line, even if Motte supposedly "carried" him and Highmore.  
For minimal cost the team could do worse than Juho for 4th C.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, BlastPast said:

Great option to have as your 13/14th forward, but not in the top 12. I hope they keep him around.

That will be a contest between bringing back Chiasson or Richards who has great character a much need quanitity for the youth

29 minutes ago, Phil_314 said:

He looked pretty good on the 4th line, even if Motte supposedly "carried" him and Highmore.  
For minimal cost the team could do worse than Juho for 4th C.

Yeah, I get that. He's not the worst option. But, even as a 13th forward he would still get in a substantial amount of games. I just don't like the idea of being an injury away from him being the 3C.

6 hours ago, joe-max said:

I watched him a little this tournament. He's playing well, centering the 3rd line (with Harri Pesonen and Joel Armia), plays the PK, is trusted at the end of games to defend a lead. Nothing flashy in the offensive zone, but a good support piece, a physical presence, good at faceoffs, nice little chip passes, takes the puck to the net, good positioning. His line usually spends a lot a time in the O-zone and creates pressure, energy and momentum.

I would certainly keep him, at 26 he is just entering his prime and I believe he has still some upside.

Once he got the confidence of the coaching staff his game improved immensely. Too bad Motte's not here anymore, but I think if Highmore can stay healthy, and Lockwood has a good summer of training, that will be a very good 4th line.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, johngould21 said:

Once he got the confidence of the coaching staff his game improved immensely. Too bad Motte's not here anymore, but I think if Highmore can stay healthy, and Lockwood has a good summer of training, that will be a very good 4th line.

We have a very good fourth line centre in Lammiko.  He’s exactly what we need in that spot.  

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

On 3/13/2022 at 12:11 PM, gurn said:

Thanks for making a list to prove my point about the losers Benning brought into the organization.  Tell me, which one of those are a "diamond in the rough"?  LMFAO...gives a list, and writes "given the Canucks stunk during most of those players times here". 

Just a hunch, but I'm guessing making the connection between the Canucks stinking and this stellar list of players making up the team when they did is way too challenging for you and above your pay grade.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Googlie said:

Interesting comment early in the first period of the gold medal game .....

Lammy has the best faceoff record of all players in this year's Worlds 

Huge strides this past year - he was career sub .500 when we acquired him.

The Worlds will have lifted “Uhauls” confidence even more..

When Bo was out in the later part of this season Bruce gave Lamikko assignments against McDavid, OReily,.   and there was one more 1C I recall.   
Bruce complemented him very well and mentioned that he felt he could get more out of him.

I look forward to seeing Juho after a great Summer  .

Congratulations Finland and Lamikko.

Edited by SilentSam
  • Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

On 3/13/2022 at 12:14 PM, joe-max said:

I would at least add Motte and Dorsett to the list. Two players that JB traded for and that were immensely successful in their roles.

Also Gränlund and Bärtschi were decent finds.

.what Canuck fans consider immensely successful fans of successful teams think of as an afterthought

NHL Totals   515 51

2014-15 Vancouver Canucks NHL 79 7 18 25 175 4 6 0 0 0 20
2015-16 Vancouver Canucks NHL 71 5 11 16 177 -13 -- -- -- -- --
2016-17 Vancouver Canucks NHL 14 1 3 4 33 -6 -- -- -- -- --
2017-18 Vancouver Canucks NHL 20 7 2 9 74 -1 -- -- -- -- --

2017-18 Vancouver Canucks NHL 15 2 0 2 4 -1          
2017-18 Utica Comets AHL 2 0 0 0 2 -2 5 2 0 2 2
2018-19 Vancouver Canucks NHL 74 9 7 16 10 -12 -- -- -- -- --
2019-20 Vancouver Canucks NHL 34 4 4 8 10 -10 17 4 1 5 2
2020-21 Vancouver Canucks NHL 24 6 3 9 14 0 -- -- -- -- --
2021-22 Vancouver Canucks NHL 49 7 8 15 22 3        

that is a combined 8 seasons (not counting the 15 games after coming at the trade deadline) 

3 seasons over 70 games

While I would not classify either as immensely successful they were more successful than Ferland and Poolman and about on par with Sven Baertschi

• Cheers 1