The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Home Opener! Minnesota Wild @ Vancouver Canucks | Tuesday, October 26th, 2021 @ 7:00pm PDT | Sportsnet One, SN650

Rate this topic

goalie13

3 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Maybe. Still kinda concerning either way though, don’t you think?

The whole Lotto line is concerning right now. Among others as well, so he’s not alone. If he’s still playing like this when everyone else has finally found their stride, then I’ll be more on his case. But until then, I’m fine with his team leading points.

• Cheers 2

11 hours ago, mll said:

I love it! I still have a scar from where my old boxing coach punched me in the jaw while wearing a diamond ring. It definitely got my attention and I never dared to let my guard down again. I’m not always the biggest fan of how Green deploys the rookies, but a little tough love in this tough sport is probably necessary sometimes. 

• Cheers 1

There is the first home game, and expect Lotto line will be effectiveness.

Keep BO line which is the most dangerous at the time.

Highmore surprised me this season, he has chemistry with his teammates in the first few games of the season.

Hoping Motte back shortly, it will make Canucks four lines perfectly.

Huge game, big home stand against some very hot teams right now, just about all of them are playing better than us so we really need to bring our best game and hope the crowd helps.

We played average on the road trip against some bad teams and came out of it above .500 so hopefully we can play at a much higher rate this home stand and rack up some points.

I'm hoping Petey really comes to play with the crowd behind him but think Garland and Demko will steal the show yet again.

4-2 Canucks win.

7 hours ago, Googlie said:

Frustrating player, that's for sure.  More givaways in 6 games than Sbisa over a full season.  Can't win a D-zone faceoff.  Looks disinterested at times.

........ and yet, is tied for the team scoring lead with Garland.   But a change of PP personnel might just be the ticket for him

I truly believe he is frustrated and trying to do too much. Additionally he says all the right things but 1st line down to 3rd for most players would be a demotion 

Go Canucks go 

10 hours ago, Chronic.Canuck said:

Tomorrow's my 30th birthday and I'm going to the game with two of my best pals! SO STOKED!

Gonna try and make it down in time to watch the warmups which I've never been able to do before (of course my new job is sending me on site visits tomorrow but I should be able to leave work early).

I will start one chant (Go Canucks Go or otherwise) from the Larscheiders fan section for every upvote this gets. Mods you should probably pin this post :P

Awesome

Skip the warm up and go get drunk with your buddies,  cheer drink and celebrate the return of live hockey

Go Canucks go 

• Cheers 1

11 hours ago, wallstreetamigo said:

I actually wish the Vancouver media would put some tough questions to Green about his pet players once in awhile.

Still waiting for someone to ask him how he justifies putting Dowling on the PP over Podkolzin.

Well for one none of us are privy to what goes on in practice and behind closed doors.    And one could counter, it was Travis Green that fixed our PP, which was awful for years, by adding Brock Boeser (a rookie with a lethal shot i'm sure he saw during practice) to it.   Really who wasn't bored of the washing machine cycle spin game the Sedins endlessly did by then?   The league figured us out in 2011.    Took note, and it went from the number one PP to ... well by then 23rd.    By the time Brock  Boeser got injured, it went all the way up to 9th.

It's not like Travis Green doesn't have the willingness to actually play these guys.  What he won't do, is play them if he doesn't think they are ready.   He's trying to win a Stanley Cup.   At least he freaking better be.   As another poster pointed out, Dowling wins face offs.   

I'm sure, just like all of JVs 312ish NHL games, Podz will get a ton of chances given his draft slot.    Guys like Hogs, Motte and even Adam Gaudette have to really work for it.   Not like the early first rounders don't too, but they get a distinct advantage for being better at a younger age.   Wouldn't read too much into it, the season has barely started.   Just like Brock Boeser's rookie season...he wasn't on the first power play unit right away, and if he's going to bump a vet...then he needs to earn it as well. 

Edited by IBatch
  • Like 2
  • Vintage 1

10 hours ago, EdgarM said:

This is what irritates me about Green. Why is our main sniper(Boeser) on the 2nd PP as well as our more creative leading point getter(Garland)? 

I don't even mind Chiasson as a net front presence but are you putting him ahead of the likes of Garland and Boeser?

We all know that the #1 PP unit gets pretty much all of the PP time so how does this set up make any sense at all? Anyone?

:picard: 

GARLAND is not a net front presence nor is Boeser. 

I agree Pp1 gets the majority of time, like most teams. Let's give it some time to get going

Go Canucks go 

9 hours ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Miller seems to not give a &^@#. That’s what my eye test tells me anyway.

Miller is what he is.   We shouldn't expect him to lead our club in scoring every season given who else is on the roster.   Also he's an asset that could be traded...but i doubt he will be this season.    In my experience, whenever i start hacking a player publicly on this forum he goes out and has a great game - so thanks for that Amigo (har har ).   I actually really enjoy reading your posts and also have a lot of similar viewpoints.   Have made a lot of "asset management" suggestions that we trade Miller while we can.   To me he's this teams version of Geoff Courtnall.    Always hoping for more...just does his job and after a couple hundred games he will have made a long term impact that maybe will be talked about for decades later. 

Miller IS a core player for us right now.   He's doing all the same things Horvat does ... i actually said when we traded for him we just added another Horvat, just one in his prime.    Last year wasn't good for any player on the team and i saw Miller seemingly deliberately making lame passes in a dangerous position, way after all the other guys cleaned that up (during our push pre-covid).    Maybe he's a big ego player.   I think he probably is.    But we need some of that too.    Willing to wait until this seasons done before really pushing to trade him. And i've done that enough as it is simply because maybe that's enough to improve our D.   Guys just too valuable to give up... So might as well enjoy him and all his 200ish games while he's here. 

• Like 1