The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Philadelphia Flyers at Vancouver Canucks | Oct. 28, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 hour ago, combover said:

They’re  not getting it done but why. 
Do You think they all just forgot how to play?they all just aren’t trying? 

They got together and said we shouldn’t  play hard this season?

Or 

is it the system that doesn’t cater to the strengths of the players a system that seems to suck any creativity out of the players.

There’s seems to be no chemistry on ANY line 

did you see Phillies power play they didn’t pass it around the perimeter looking for a one timer from one player it looked fun to play thats another thing there’s seems to be none of with Travis none of our players look like they are having fun it looks like no fun hockey and the results are no fun to watch. 

So the players aren’t buying in or the system is trash either way it’s on the coach.

this isn’t a new problem here green hasn’t been a good coach and his winning% is closing in on willies with a far better lineup.

the excuses have all been used up.

it’s results time  for JB and Green 

I agree with the bolded part "This isn't a new problem here" - you are right - The Canucks have had this problem since they failed to score a goal in the 7th game of the 2011 SCF.

18 minutes ago, combover said:

Ok That’s 1 thing he’s good at , which isStill more than doweling petan hunt highmore and chiasson since they aren’t good at anything.
Unless getting injured is now a skill.  

Looks like the  “ high event “ crap system really paying off. 

dowling and highmore are both substantially better hockey players than macewen. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Moe Knows said:

I thought your analysis was pretty right on but this part was a head scratcher.  Burroughs has played 7 games, 0 points, and -5, Schenn only 2 games, 2  pts  and +1. I'll take over his head to trying hard any day in that case. How is Schenn over his head ?

My continuing issue is why the F they traded OJ for what's his name and Hunt, Bennings made some good moves and some that are just friggin' awful.

Well to me it sounds like Green picked his team after camp and Benning would have to send OJ down. He would 100% be claimed so he traded him and got something. 

My question is, why didn't he make the team? 

10 hours ago, Ronaldoescobar said:

If players are bonding and chemistry is being developed it is a win all around.

I suggest we start a crowd funding project to buy all the players participation awards at seasons end

those things cost about $2 and we'll need about 25, so $50 should cover it

I'll kick in the first 50 cents

2 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

Hey, I have given myself multiple amateur degrees including psychology!

I hope he is working with someone, I imagine most pros do these days. This is a high pressure market and he has a lot on his shoulders. 

There is far more impatience this year. I remember back in the day, nobody would moan until 20 games in, announcers would often mention the rust on various team and players.

That is not the case anymore. Folks had their pitchforks out before we even got started.

i can even give Green more time. As I mentioned we were playing well by the end of the game. If we could have gotten a point out of that game, after out hitting them by so much, maybe the rhetoric would be different this morn

For me I'd rather not wait on a coach change, I don't see what will get better under Green, but I also would be surprised if Benning did anything quickly.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

14 minutes ago, tas said:

dowling and highmore are both substantially better hockey players than macewen. 

Better at what lol 

they don’t do anything except quickly skate around in circles and get knocked down. 

Macewan plays a 4th line roll perfectly hes  physical and isn’t a lability and he knows his roll. 

what roll does highmore or doweling fit they are the place holders for teams that are early in the rebuild and we aren’t that. they are equivalent to   megna  chaput Gagne Ect…. 

I get it, you like green and his “ high event low success “ system 

but defending doweling and highmore lol 

Macewan might never be more than a solid bottom three guy but that’s something this team needed not another tiny ineffective forward that buzzed around like a humming bird and is not even a pest we have those in spades. those  seem to be greens favourite players. 

if this club makes the playoffs mac or gad would have helped a lot more than any of  greens recycled turds. 

Super late to the party...

Some observations:

- Defensively, the team is doing better, especially considering Schenn, Hunt, and Burroughs made up the top 6 last night... that said, the Canucks are desperate for an upgrade on 3LD. As much as scratching Rathbone was warranted, you can't replace him with 8 minutes of Hunt... I predict a trade or waiver pickup in the coming weeks to address this.

- Any news on why Garland played 10 minutes last night? Was he benched or was his play that bad? I didn't find him that noticeable honestly, but he was clutch at the beginning of the season so not really sure...

- The offense is struggling, and I can't quite pinpoint whether it's bad luck, complacency, or poor systems. There were several great chances (the Boeser one-timer being denied and the Höglander tip that went wide off a Podkolzin pass) but somethings gotta give... you can tell they're frustrated. All you have to do is watch Miller.

- Is there a psychological block whenever they play a back-up? The number of shutouts and one goal outcomes is getting too numerous to count.

- Nice to see Lammikko get extended looks in the past couple of games. He's bound to score a shorty or two this season. Imagine him between Dickinson and Sutter... McDavid would be sweating. Also, nice to see Podkolzin get 10+ TOI. I'd really like to see him flanking Miller and Petey for a game or two.

- With Highmore potentially out, and no update on Dickinson, Dowling, or Motte to my knowledge, do we see Lockwood get some NHL action on the weekend? Time will tell...

11 hours ago, Alflives said:

Shaw will get promoted 

Hey remember when Jim got here? Or was it Trevor?

Not only did we have Torts but we had Steve Sullivan waiting to get promoted

What has Sullivan done since leaving Vancouver?

Won 2 Cups

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, JM_ said:

All this anti-Petey yap is stupid. The kid has exceptional talent and we're lucky to have him. Its like hen house in here, pecking at the weakest chicken.

Thanks.   It was rather exhausting defending Brock Boeser after he signed ... but worth the effort.   THN listed him as one of the best bang for the buck guys on the team in their recent cap "by the numbers" edition.    

Even went so far to say he's already worth more then his qualifying offer by at least .5 million.   

The team will for sure do better once EP gets his groove on again.   TG deserves to be under pressure but he's not the one playing either.   The players themselves have to do it.   It's not like he's their "skills coach" and out there trying to make them better players.   His main responsibility is creating lines that work.   The Lotto line absolutely did work.    So did Pearson Horvat LE for awhile...Now it's got Garland.   Hogs on the L side makes way more sense.   That's his natural shooting position.   

I bring this up because Green is also the weakest chicken given our record.   That said he's two wins away from been right back where everyone predicted us to be.   86-89 points.    Feel that this will be his last year as our coach if he doesn't make the playoffs.   But also know there is so much season left ... so much can happen yet.   Slating us in for another "top ten pick" after less then 20 games is jumping the gun.  

Edited by IBatch
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, SergioMomesso said:

i was about to book my ticket to van for the Nov 19 and 21st games but might just save the 3k instead. I will not fork out a cent if that's the product that is out on the ice.

This isn't the complaint department. No one cares. 

• Haha 2
  • Wat 1

12 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

Green legitimately is a good coach. Is he a good coach for this team? Time is starting to tick. 

What team is he a good coach for? The 1984 Edmonton Oilers?! 

Haha jokes aside what is it you see in him that inclines you to believe he is a good coach?