The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] J.T. Miller Trade/Contract Talks

Podzilla

1 minute ago, grandmaster said:

I’ve got an idea. Keep Miller, make the playoffs and win the Cup.

All we need is a 8 game win streak and we are there. Have some faith.

Demi God Demko and Miller time will lead us the way. Bruce there it is will coach the team all the way. 

Love your enthusiasm!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HKSR said:

I don't understand this logic...

So he'd be willing to sign for $1.5M less per year (over $10M less over 7 years) with the NYR -- the same team that traded him away to begin with?  Why exactly?  Because it's NY? 

I dunno, I've got a young family and NY would be one of the last places I'd want to be raising children. 

That’s because you aren’t a millionaire.  Lol.  
NY is awesome, especially if you have lots of money.  
Also, taxes would be a lot cheaper in NY than BC.  

Edited by D.B Cooper

1 minute ago, D.B Cooper said:

I guess if you're not a family man...

Yikes.....Starts on Page 7 of the NYR HF board

Miller isn't a real big fish

Miller isn't the player you want if you want a leader

Miller is ok, but he's not the all around player we need

if the team is dangling Chytil + Lundkvist, that 3rd piece better not be their 1st.

wow....

https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/roster-building-thread-xxxvii-5-weeks-until-tdl.2870739/page-8

Edited by Warhippy
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

I've always wondered if the exchange rate cancels that out. They are paid in American regardless if they are in Canada no? 

12 minutes ago, Shayster007 said:

Correct, all NHL salaries are paid in USD.

Yes that is correct.

A team from Vegas, Florida or Texas  currently enjoys a 30% reduction in cost over Canadian teams based on the exchange rate alone, factoring this in before taxation which nevada, texas and florida pay none of in comparison to a player from a canadian team.

It's very lucrative for American team owners and for players to be enjoying US markets.

2 hours ago, J-23 said:

Nice &^@#ing try Larry Brooks.

No interest in Lundkvist.

Schneider needs to be in the deal or we should just look for another team that’s interested.

"Brooksie, get the f*ck outta here!"

- Torts

I don't mind Lundqvist but if we get him instead of Schneider, the other pieces should compensate.

The return is going to be 1st + RD + F.

If RD is Schneider, F can be whoever, Chytil, Kravtsov, whatever they wanna give us.

If RD is Lundqvist, F should be Lafreniere or at the least Othman maybe even two forwards instead of a low 1st rounder.

If the Rangers don't get Miller, then they could very well be facing a 1st round exit against Hurricanes or Pens. 

• Like 1
  • Huggy Bear 2

59 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Yikes.....Starts on Page 7 of the NYR HF board

Miller isn't a real big fish

Miller isn't the player you want if you want a leader

Miller is ok, but he's not the all around player we need

if the team is dangling Chytil + Lundkvist, that 3rd piece better not be their 1st.

wow....

https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/roster-building-thread-xxxvii-5-weeks-until-tdl.2870739/page-8

Jeepers. You can tell they never watch the Canucks. Miller is one of the best all around players in the game right now. 

PK, PP, Shutdown role, AND a top point producer. What more do they want? Backup tender? 

• Vintage 1

On 2/12/2022 at 10:20 AM, higgyfan said:

Fortunately, the Flames don't have anything the Canucks want in a trade for Miller.

Thing fans and writers for other teams don't seem to get is we don't have to move Miller - we could keep him. And the Toffoli deal shows you it's a sellers market at the moment.

21 minutes ago, khay said:

"Brooksie, get the f*ck outta here!"

- Torts

I don't mind Lundqvist but if we get him instead of Schneider, the other pieces should compensate.

The return is going to be 1st + RD + F.

If RD is Schneider, F can be whoever, Chytil, Kravtsov, whatever they wanna give us.

If RD is Lundqvist, F should be Lafreniere or at the least Othman maybe even two forwards instead of a low 1st rounder.

If the Rangers don't get Miller, then they could very well be facing a 1st round exit against Hurricanes or Pens. 

If you get laffy or kakko, you're getting Lundqvist or Othman, not Schneider, imo

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, BabychStache said:

Jeepers. You can tell they never watch the Canucks. Miller is one of the best all around players in the game right now. 

PK, PP, Shutdown role, AND a top point producer. What more do they want? Backup tender? 

It's a mix of not watching the Canucks game now, and already have a preconceived notion of the player Miller is. They had him, they saw him, and they felt burnt by him. But that's when he was young and a different player. It doesn't surprise me some of their fans have an unrealistic view of the player Miller is.

• Upvote 1

Really want Byram from Colorado. Give them JT Miller retained for a Byram centrepiece package. It leaves their top roster intact for a real all in move. We take a big risk with Byram and the concussions but without it we’d never be able to pry him away. The only thing that sucks in this scenario is you don’t get a top Center or RHD prospect.

2 minutes ago, flickyoursedin said:

Really want Byram from Colorado. Give them JT Miller retained for a Byram centrepiece package. It leaves their top roster intact for a real all in move. We take a big risk with Byram and the concussions but without it we’d never be able to pry him away. The only thing that sucks in this scenario is you don’t get a top Center or RHD prospect.

Byram has serious concussion issues right now. Not sure if he'd be the centerpiece for me without some insurance.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

8 minutes ago, flickyoursedin said:

Prefer a package around Compher, Newhook, Barron and their 23 1st.

• Vintage 1