The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] J.T. Miller Trade/Contract Talks

Podzilla

1 hour ago, higgyfan said:

Middlestadt (who is useless) + #9th overall for a bona fide tweener 1st/2nd fully developed C is underpayment for Bo.

If the Sabres want Bo, they can skip Midds and add Alex Tuch to the 9th overall.

Alf...you of all people bringing up Middlestadt in a trade.  Shame on you!:sadno:

I was watching quite a bit of Sabres games down the stretch and I actually really thought CM is becoming a solid player, it’s hard to break out when you got all these distractions and lack of commitment around you, but Miller ain’t resigning in Buffalo they ain’t making that trade without that security of knowing he’s re uping with them 

7 hours ago, grandmaster said:

You get get much. Who is gonna pay 7.5M one year deal on a guy who had an unimpressive season? 

At best we get a 2nd?

Not necessarily. Again there is a macro microscope on these players in Vancouver. I’m sure the Rutherford gang can get a pretty good return on Boeser.

11 hours ago, DeNiro said:

I just hope they aren’t overvaluing prospects that they scouted from their Pittsburgh days.

I look at Pittsburgh and I don’t see a lot of great pieces that help us.

Obviously Marino and a 1st is a good start but it’s not nearly enough to set this team up or replace what Miller brought to the team.

I'd be fine with Marino, Poulin, Blomqvist and their first.

Nothing wrong with at all.

2 hours ago, Slegr said:

I heard Miller’s side is seriously contemplating an offer by Canucks for $7M / 7 years. Source - my butt!

Funny thing is, if you were part of the Vancouver media reporting this, every sports outlet in the city would latch on to this like it was a big scoop.

12 minutes ago, aGENT said:

I'd be fine with Marino, Poulin, Blomqvist and their first.

Nothing wrong with at all.

Here’s the question…if you were PIT would you do that though? I wouldn’t 

1 minute ago, RWJC said:

Here’s the question…if you were PIT would you do that though? I wouldn’t 

Up to them really. There's only so many more years, squeezing the last drop of juice from their Crosby fruit.

3 hours ago, Meh said:

Darn right I brag, I've done things you couldn't imagine. Don't use the word prospect or project interchangeably. PM me if you want my address to discuss this face to face, I'll even pitch in gas money.

Oh man that’s great! Tell me more!

My opinion of who’s a prospect or who’s a project isn’t your business.

Also you sure you can afford a tank of gas grandpa? Maybe relax before you get a heart attack. 

6 hours ago, Mustard Tiger said:

Lol. You got the canuck glasses on eh. I guess it makes sense, you play for us ^_^

But I wouldn't go to the small player vs playoffs level. I think Mr.point could teach you what really matters comes playoff time. 

Jg is a selfish salty individual. He won't win a damn thing because of that attitude 

Players like Point are the exception. What a shame, we could have drafted him.

• Cheers 1

Slaf is the #1 pick on McKenzie’s list.

Regardless, Wright is getting picked 1st by the Habs. No way Habs don’t take him.

Though, if NJ is really open to moving that pick :ph34r:

Edited by J-23

56 minutes ago, BarnBurner said:

Players like Point are the exception. What a shame, we could have drafted him.

Point's hockey sense, work ethic and compete level are off the charts, and always have been.  If a smaller player brings those elements, there's no reason he can't be successful.

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, Meh said:

Darn right I brag, I've done things you couldn't imagine. Don't use the word prospect or project interchangeably. PM me if you want my address to discuss this face to face, I'll even pitch in gas money.

I need flight ticket, hotel, rental car, gas and pocket money. ::D

4 hours ago, Angry Goose said:

What is JTs intent to re-sign with any team this summer? 

What can you get for a 1 year rental?

Depends whether the acquiring team views JT as a 1 year rental or not. The right situation with enough CAP and a prominent role they could have legit expectation of resigning him. The exercise this summer might be as much about JT finding some idea of his value around the league. He is being shopped by Alviin and his agent will likely be somewhat involved. Since I doubt Miller resigns in Van for less than $8 mil and at least 5-6 years I think he is gone.  

4 hours ago, Angry Goose said:

What is JTs intent to re-sign with any team this summer? 

What can you get for a 1 year rental?

Just look back at every trade deadline as a reference to value, and that's only for a small handful of games. 

A way to increase value is to open up more trade avenues. Every contender would strongly consider Miller if we retained 50%.  Sub 3 mill won't harm us if it bring another good asset. We waste half the cap on floaters anyways 

• Upvote 1