The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] J.T. Miller Trade/Contract Talks

Podzilla

3 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Lol.     Not sure what your actually reading.   Showing that there are advantages to 3 different scenarios with Miller .... Funny stuff.   Maybe if we all jump up and down and throw a tantrum we will get what we want.   

Dog days of summer, could be worth a shot..

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Lol.     Not sure what your actually reading.   Showing that there are advantages to 3 different scenarios with Miller .... Funny stuff.   Maybe if we all jump up and down and throw a tantrum we will get what we want.   

Maybe not today; we've already had a 4.8 quake off the island.

(Actually, these small ones I like; they postpone larger ones.)

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

I'm 50 schmil happy! 

Calgary being desperate and throwing the bank at Huberdeau has thrown a wrench in our negotiations. 

Yeah absolutely does us no favors. I mean at this point maybe we go into the season and see what a month or two looks like. If we're ripping it up we push on and maybe even get him signed for 50 SchMillers that way. :lol: Or if we are out of playoffs then we entertain some offers.

Who knows lol.

23 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Sorry I wasn't being fair to your post and just replied to the part I wanted. My bad. The rest of your points and the gist of the post was coherent and thoughtful and made good sense.

Ah I need to step out and get some sun. Cheers.

33 minutes ago, Canucklehead73 said:

This thread just gets worse... 

All these comments that it's unbelievable that people are willing to let Miller walk for nothing like it's written in stone and somehow already happened in some alternate reality they have visited...

It's pretty easy to fabricate nonsense to back up a narrative... 

Not like I am saying he will or won't sign/walk but you can't base an argument on speculation and then hold people to account for not drinking your kool-aid.

The reality as I see it... management saw what we did down the stretch, we could trade Miller now or we have Miller at 5 mill, do they see how the team plays? If the trade offers are weak they have to do the math... 

Everyone is assuming we can just trade Miller for a kings ransom.... maybe... maybe not... maybe teams are playing hardball.

What's the better return?  A crap trade or a playoff run with the risk of losing Miller... ? 

Nevermind the other possibility of Miller signing a fair deal... another fact discounted from the people returning from the alternate reality where they already know the facts before they actually happen...

Either way it's pretty silly to sling mud based on facts that haven't actually happened yet not matter how much you believe it will come to be... goes both ways.

What She Said GIF by The Free Mama

• Cheers 3

I really wonder what Markstrom and Tanev could have returned in trade at the deadline.  Marky probably could have gotten about a 1st level value but I could see Tanev only getting about a 2nd round pick back.  

He really turned it on with Calgary. Even the stats nerds were saying he had lost a step or two his last year with us.

5 minutes ago, ilduce39 said:

I really wonder what Markstrom and Tanev could have returned in trade at the deadline.  Marky probably could have gotten about a 1st level value but I could see Tanev only getting about a 2nd round pick back.  

He really turned it on with Calgary. Even the stats nerds were saying he had lost a step or two his last year with us.

and, as always, the stats nerds were out of their depth. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, ilduce39 said:

Clearly Benning had the worst of his many terrible off seasons after the bubble.  We should have extended Marky, Tanev and Tofu.  And traded Demko (for a lot) and Jake (for a mid round pick).  And then no need to waste picks and money on Schmidt (the cheater) and Holtby (the guy who we had to buy out).

This all adds up to not re-signing Miller to more than 45 mil over 6 years.  We cannot do any more stupid Benning moves that result in lesser players costing more money.  

2 hours ago, Gawdzukes said:

As Stawns mentioned we really have no clue what is being offered though. None of us are in on those talks even though you are working your best to minimize the return. 

nope I have not done that. 

1 hour ago, Bure_Pavel said:

Man, I hate Kadri. Just sign somewhere already. 

Easy to hate a rat.  But nice to see LOSER LEAF fans watch their ex guys (who the Dumbass Shamaplan said didn’t fit) be important players on other teams’ Cup winners.