The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] J.T. Miller Trade/Contract Talks

Podzilla

3 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Not being traded. I know it's been all but confirmed Miller isn't going anywhere until at least the offseason, but it won't stop some people from being pissed I'm sure.

I won't be pissed at all. I'll have to assume we didn't get an offer worthwhile and look forward to seeing the return this summer.

Motte should likely be gone or re-signed though.

And I wouldn't hate news of a Halak or Dickinson trade. Hamonic was a good start yesterday, now they need to keep rolling.

• Cheers 3
  • Vintage 1

As much as I would love for him to be moved today (I want action, I want to see us get assets and of course, I would love to see trades) but if the return is going to be better later, than it makes sense not to. Also kind of feel that by trading him we would make ourselves worse and make our picks better which might be nice. 

3 minutes ago, 87Crosby said:

As much as I would love for him to be moved today (I want action, I want to see us get assets and of course, I would love to see trades) but if the return is going to be better later, than it makes sense not to. Also kind of feel that by trading him we would make ourselves worse and make our picks better which might be nice. 

I doubt the return gets better later. But if we're not getting the better return now, there's no point in moving him now.

If all we're getting is "summer value", we can just move him... In the summer.

• Like 1

i wouldn't be surprised miller doesn't get traded.. his production's been great and he pretty much played himself out of the trade market although i still won't mind trading him in the off season. i wouldn't be surprise the canucks end up doing nothing other than either trading or re-signing motte.. 

3 minutes ago, HKSR said:

I'm surprised NYR haven't done anything at all... they'll get steamrolled by the Florida teams if they meet in the playoffs at this point.

Rangers should be going all in these next two years.  Their best players, by far, aren't the young guys (except Fox).  They are the older guys, like Krieder, Panarin, Zibinijad.  If they think they will be better in two years they are totally wrong.  

1 hour ago, Smashian Kassian said:

I wasn't expecting a 3rd back for Hamonic so we'll see how this new group does. Lol

Agreed, at the same time though I wasn't expecting to have to pay a 3rd for a struggling Dermott who was basically not trusted anymore in Laff land either...I was thinking a 5th at most would be what it would take as moving Dermott HELPED laffs clear 1.5m in cap space for this season AND next season

• Cheers 1

The Dermott acquisition suggests we're buyers (lol) so I don't think Miller's moving right now. 

I'll refrain from passing judgment for the time being, but I sure hope posters hold JR/PA accountable if this backfires on them.

Inb4 Miller for Simmonds, Liljegren and a 5th is deemed a masterclass trade.

Edited by guntrix

They don’t fail if they can’t trade Miller, Garland, or Boeser. Those moves can always be done later .

They would fail if they don’t move or re-sign Motte, and move at least one of Pearson, Poolman, Dickinson, and Halak.

32 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Can't wait to hear all the GMJB haters defending JR/PA about how not moving any of Boeser, Garland, Myers, Miller, Motte, Halak, Dickinson, Poolman, or Pearson was a smart move.

If there isn't great value being offered it would most definitely be a smart move.