The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Columbus Blue Jackets | Nov. 26, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

8 minutes ago, JM_ said:

just don't see Aquilini doing that before trying a new coach. A new PHO/GM is a longer term hiring problem.

Forget about "firing x or fire y or fire z".  Why the eff is the President's chair empty & has been empty for several years now since Linden was essentially shown the door.  None of this "acting President" crap.  *THAT* has to be fixed first before anything else.  That person will provide the overall long-term direction of the team.  But if there's nobody really there, we'll be just like a person using a canoe for the first time equiped with only one oar.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Forget about "firing x or fire y or fire z".  Why the eff is the President's chair empty & has been empty for several years now since Linden was essentially shown the door.  None of this "acting President" crap.  *THAT* has to be fixed first before anything else.  That person will provide the overall long-term direction of the team.  But if there's nobody really there, we'll be just like a person using a canoe for the first time equiped with only one oar.

@mll pointed out that the combined pho/gm thing is actually pretty common now, more than I had realized.

So with right person maybe its ok, but not Jim, he's just too reactive in his decision making, not a lot of planning there.

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, appleboy said:

I don't think the dark days have left this team yet.

I guess we will see.  LOL

I am seeing signs of this team starting to come together. Probably too late for this season but after all the changes the last 2 seasons I can’t say I’m totally surprised. Thought we would be better but we still need to acquire a couple of pieces. 

3 minutes ago, Chris12345 said:

I hate the merry go round. New coach, 16 months later, new GM, 16 months later, new coach.

yeah it could go that way. I could see new coach, Aqua staying with Benning, and new PHO in the summer.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

27 minutes ago, Chris12345 said:

Yea time will tell.

Either way no one has the right to critique the Oilers anymore.

Of course we do. The NHL literally modified a rule because the Oilers drafted 1st OA four times and still weren’t showing much signs of improvement.

As bad as this is, it’s still not even close to the depths the Oilers got to. 

• Thanks 2
  • Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Yeah, he reminds of JV (as well) with a different attitude; and it seems like, having a wife (at an early age) instead of drinking buddies made alot of difference for Podz (?).

Skills + insane work ethic + humble +  acts like a grown man

My favorite Canuck right now and its not even close

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1