The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Bo Horvat Trade/Contract Talks

HOFsedins

7 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

I think it has to be Wright if its Seattle, I like Ryker Evans but does that & a first really move the needle enough to trade him to a division rival? Idk. 

Evans and 1st is less value than Faber and the 19th for Fiala. Bill even said he sold low just to get it done fast. Imo a deal with Seattle being the new rival club, In the division and Bo on a heater goal wise PLUS plays a valuable position 2C.. They need to overpay and it starts with Wright. 

But I have no confidence in anything management related. Everyone above Bruce is incompetent af apparently.. So who knows what happens lol

56 minutes ago, J-23 said:

Can Jersey just take Miller.

Miller for Mukhamadullin, Bahl.

Then, still move Bo as well.

Bo leaving is inevitable, they need to find a way to move Miller too.

He doesn't fit the timeline of what'll probably be a rebuild regardless of what management calls it. He never did. 

I can't believe management fooled themselves into thinking we'd be contending in a couple seasons. 

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Mustard Tiger said:

Evans and 1st is less value than Faber and the 19th for Fiala. Bill even said he sold low just to get it done fast. Imo a deal with Seattle being the new rival club, In the division and Bo on a heater goal wise PLUS plays a valuable position 2C.. They need to overpay and it starts with Wright. 

But I have no confidence in anything management related. Everyone above Bruce is incompetent af apparently.. So who knows what happens lol

No offense but I think everyone below Bruce are also incompetent af.

6 hours ago, Mustard Tiger said:

Guerin called it a fair trade in his post-trade presser and follow-up radio interview.   He said he didn't see the need to wait till the draft or pitch teams against each other because it was fair value.  He actually didn't allow other teams to pitch.  He says LA was serious from the get go in wanting Fiala, so he shut down talks with other teams.  Took 3 weeks to agree on the return as also confirmed by Blake.  Fiala had then less than 24 hours to agree to a contract.  Fitzgerald of NJD confirmed that the Wild were locked in with another team and they never got an opportunity to make a trade offer.

Guerin had already explained earlier that it's really hard to make trades that once you have a trade partner you try and make it work.  Says he's not looking to win trades but to make fair trades.  His post-trade presser is probably still on their website.  

Guerin was mentored by Rutherford with Guerin saying the advice he got from him when he took the Wild job was to make fair trades or he won't be making many.

Edited by mll
  • There it is 1

Sounds like Carolina has the most concrete offer.

Bo for KK + Morrow + 2nd? Doubt we'd get a first as well.

I'd take that to be honest. Morrow is still relatively unproven but 20yo RD putting up some nice numbers as a junior, will need at least a year to cook in the AHL. Problem is, he could be another Rathbone-like project - former 2nd rounder, not had a shot yet in the NHL. It'd suck if we just got a 3C 30-40 point center in KK and a couple of 2nd rounder prospects for Bo so you'd hope they give is a first too because there are far better RDs out there surely.

• Vintage 1
  • There it is 1

12 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

I'd take that to be honest. Morrow is still relatively unproven but 20yo RD putting up some nice numbers as a junior, will need at least a year to cook in the AHL. Problem is, he could be another Rathbone-like project - former 2nd rounder, not had a shot yet in the NHL. It'd suck if we just got a 3C 30-40 point center in KK and a couple of 2nd rounder prospects for Bo so you'd hope they give is a first too because there are far better RDs out there surely.

Would need to be a first , best player coming back can’t be Morrow. Either that or swap KK for Necas 

16 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Morrow is a solid prospect.  But he’s a US college kid, so could go the UFA route.  

2 minutes ago, Conscience said:

Necas isn't coming lol hes their leading scorer.

Kk, morrow and a first is a decent return and fills some holes. 

Yup.  Need the first to cover for Morrow being a college player.  And JK plays with some bite.  We need more of his type.

18 hours ago, Neutral said:

Your probably right, rinse and repeat long term with the same players who have yet to build team chemistry and play a better all around game. Or would it the the Benning that just ran out of time and never even offered Tanev a long time Canuck a contract because he was too inammered trying to trade for OEL then and going back till the bitter end to sign the older goalie in Markstrom...

Sucks to see Bo going, but this sure seems like a Keenan/Messier 2.0 with a new regime seemingly backing JT long term to stick with the team vs signing the captain this past off season. Im not in favour of paying Bo for his contract year but a long term deal 7-7.5m for a captain to remain on his team should be fair for both sides...seen other NHL captains sign to remain with their original club that drafted them.

Hopefully some big bold trades happen from now till the draft and see if they intend to do MAJOR surgery as the President would say...

Well lets see what happens...

I've said nummerous times, I think Horvat is traded, and the writing was on the wall, the minute the ink on Millers contract was dry...

They probably extended the wrong player, although they both big something defferently...

At the end of last season, only few were dead against trading Bo, but his play this season has given management eggs on their faces. 

Would not be surprised to see Kuz go depending on his situation. 
what ever they do, the only thing unacceptable would be Bo, Kuz and Schenn leave for free in the summer. In that case J/R, P/A and the chipmunks should all be sacked instantly. 

And yes Benning may have made a lot of mistakes, but he didn't lowball the players in general...

5 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Well lets see what happens...

I've said nummerous times, I think Horvat is traded, and the writing was on the wall, the minute the ink on Millers contract was dry...

They probably extended the wrong player, although they both big something defferently...

At the end of last season, only few were dead against trading Bo, but his play this season has given management eggs on their faces. 

Would not be surprised to see Kuz go depending on his situation. 
what ever they do, the only thing unacceptable would be Bo, Kuz and Schenn leave for free in the summer. In that case J/R, P/A and the chipmunks should all be sacked instantly. 

And yes Benning may have made a lot of mistakes, but he didn't lowball the players in general...

I would have agreed with this last off-season or at beginning of the year but at this point I think both should be traded along with potentially anyone not named EP or QH. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, DrJockitch said:

I would have agreed with this last off-season or at beginning of the year but at this point I think both should be traded along with potentially anyone not named EP or QH. 

Can't disagree on that... very little has been done by anyone, to not make them indispensible...

53 minutes ago, Off_The_Schneid! said:

Would need to be a first , best player coming back can’t be Morrow. Either that or swap KK for Necas 

Sadly the first is basically a 2nd rounder anyway, Carolina will surely be picking 30-32 OA so not that exciting.

I really hope there's a better package out there, surely Detroit or Boston can beat that with some stacked Detroit prospects. Edvinsson or Wallinder + would be nice.

9 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Bucci has the scoop.  Looks like he is narrowing it down to one team now.  I think I may be WRIGHT about this guy...   :)

Honestly I would happily do a straight up swap, Bo for Wright.

Wright has a very high ceiling and his whole career ahead of him. 

Before last year’s trade deadline I preached to all of my co-workers and friends that I would happily trade Miller for Boldy in a one for one deal (if the Wild were crazy enough to do that) and I got flamed by everyone but I stood my ground lol. 

Of course I’d love it if we received a hefty package for Bo, but if we can land a triple A, can’t miss prospect for him (which I believe Wright is) then I think we should consider a one for one trade. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1