The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Bo Horvat Trade/Contract Talks

HOFsedins

5 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

Because reality says we just made a 7 year commitment to Miller.   Lol.   
Are you serious?    Hahaha

Do you really think, in real life, Miller gets traded before Bo to address the D issue?   
or are you just trash talking to waste time?

Saying anything can happen.If we called teams and said Miller or Bo who would you trade for I know more would be willing to give more for Miller.At this point if the package made us better in talks then you do it.That is what I am saying.I really do not think that it will happen but with Miller having a contract and Bo not teams would be willing to give more at this point.Management did say do not be surprised if a player goes that we like.Again might be Bo but at this point we do not know.You are saying if we got a deal of a lifetime for Miller we wouldn't trade him then?

3 minutes ago, cripplereh said:

Saying anything can happen.If we called teams and said Miller or Bo who would you trade for I know more would be willing to give more for Miller.At this point if the package made us better in talks then you do it.That is what I am saying.I really do not think that it will happen but with Miller having a contract and Bo not teams would be willing to give more at this point.Management did say do not be surprised if a player goes that we like.Again might be Bo but at this point we do not know.You are saying if we got a deal of a lifetime for Miller we wouldn't trade him then?

Don’t you think Miller has a “Gentleman’s” agreement with management that he’s not getting traded before his new deal (and no trade) kicks in?  

If he won't sign for under 7 then you ship him off to a rebuilding team where he can be a leader to guide them through a rebuild, be their second line center, and they'll get their money's worth with him for 7 plus mil/year. 

I wonder what kind of a fit there might be in Buffalo.  They are looking like they're ready to take the next step in the development.  Might be a good potential trade partner to slot Bo in between Tage Thompson and Casey Middlestadt. 

Bo Horvat + DiPietro 

for 

Jiri Kulich (center prospect), 2 x 2nd round picks 2023 + roster player 

Edited by VancouverHabitant

38 minutes ago, cripplereh said:

I would have traded him in the summer. 
Management has made the commitment to JT.  
He isn’t going anywhere any time soon.  

Bo’s future at this point is up in the air

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Alflives said:

Don’t you think Miller has a “Gentleman’s” agreement with management that he’s not getting traded before his new deal (and no trade) kicks in?  

And in business that never happens and what is this? I ain't saying it will happen but saying if the right deal ever fell into our laps you have to take it for anyone on the team.There are NO no trade players on the team and never should be.I would hate to see a couple go but if we ever got the right deal I for one am all in.

Sadly, I think Horvat has checked out knowing, management doesn’t want to give him the term or dollar amount he wants.

I mean, the writing was on the wall when they went out and overpaid for Mikheyev rather than negotiating a long term deal in the off-season.

• Huggy Bear 1

7 minutes ago, shiznak said:

Sadly, I think Horvat has checked out knowing, management doesn’t want to give him the term or dollar amount he wants.

If he's checked out on the team he's captain of with a year left on his deal because management doesn't want to give him the contract he's asking for then they're absolutely doing the right thing by not giving it to him.

• Vintage 3