The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks fire Travis Green, name Bruce Boudreau as head coach

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 minutes ago, Tom Sestito said:

Yeah those idiots have nothing to complain about. This is all Green’s fault

Less than 24 hours ago most were calling for do anything and now they have and they’re whining still some since the Nonis/Gillis regimes :lol:

• Cheers 2

10 minutes ago, -SN- said:

Kinda weird. If Benning is out, the new manager obviously doesn't have a choice in coaching. I guess ownership is management. 

Unless ......

President of Hockey Operations: Henrik Sedin

General Manager: Daniel Sedin

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, MJDDawg said:

True enough. I have nothing against Boudreau tbh, but I don't like that the team held on to Benning. And they still need to hire a President of Hockey Ops. Just seems backwards to me and feels like another bandaid.  Regardless, I'll still be watching and cheering the boys on. 

Chant new ownership. 

the way they’ve done this &^@#ing backwards. 

Not sure how I feel about it. I love that Bruce is a veteran coach. I like that he coaches tougher than he looks. He's going to want a tougher team so there will be changes down the road. He is kind of a wide open style coach, isn't he? Not sure if that's what the team needs. 

1 minute ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Unless they cheap, not really either. We are maxed out. Even then they're another team's trash and they won't necessarily be a treasure for us.

Fair, but a ton of guys have got through waivers who would be an upgrade over Chiasson and Hunt.  Even replacing those 2 pylons with actual NHL players could help plug a few holes.

• Like 2

I almost get the feeling that this story broke a little early and this is just the tip of the iceberg and there is more to come.

We'll wait and see once a formal announcement comes from the Canucks I guess.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

1 minute ago, flat land fish said:

Now is also time Canucks fans to support our players.  Think like the phrase support our troops.  No matter your position on ownership or management time to get behind the players.

Best way to support the players is to force ownership to hire someone who is not just a sock-puppet for Aqualini. I like Boudreau as a coach, especially for a young team, they will learn discipline and learn to defend. No longer will we see three forwards bolt to the far blue line the moment our D gets possession of a puck behind our own goal line. No longer will Hughes have to lug the puck up to the three forwards standing still, waiting at the blue line - that is, unless Aquaman tells him different. Aquavelva needs to learn that while he may be extraordinary at making money (no mean skill) he clearly knows zilch about hockey or how to build a hockey team.