The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Report: Canucks fire assistant GM Chris Gear and analytics director Jonathan Wall

Rate this topic

Dazzle

3 hours ago, JM_ said:

hard to say, we'd need to send back one of Hamonic or Poolman so it depends how they pro scout those guys.

Dude. If all it took was to send Poolman or Hamonic back, I’d do that deal in a heart beat. 

• Cheers 1

31 minutes ago, 24K PureCool said:

HNIC just threw a hissy fit over this. Man is the media bunch of cry babies when people called them on their bs.

They take shots at the team and our fan base all the time. The second one criticism is thrown their way they get so defensive and start whining.

It really highlights the arrogance of some of these media types. They really seem to think their word is gospel.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Cheers 2

5 hours ago, Gawdzukes said:

Wow, couldn't agree more. What does this clown know about running an NHL franchise, why they fired them, or what the resulting plan is, or what the timing implications are? What an absolute hack, the media has just become unacceptable in the garbage they produce. All credibility has been lost in my mind. It's beyond readable.

It's like they can't help themselves. 

It was a nice couple of days where everyone seemed to be positive but ultimately our media and some fans went into withdrawal.

Like nobody cares about the human aspect for the first guys fired but these 2 they do?

Everyone fired was part of the team and most likely those 2 would have been fired by JR,in fact this might have been his choice, nobody really knows the exact timeline of events.

5 hours ago, 24K PureCool said:

HNIC just threw a hissy fit over this. Man is the media bunch of cry babies when people called them on their bs.

I am a bigger fan of FA after this. About time the  sports media which let's be honest is the scummiest of media, right up there with TMZ is called out for the a sh*t they write.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, appleboy said:

I asked this before. Why is Wall's name still listed on the management list? 

He is still listed under Management but not under Hockey OPP's.

I guess they want to keep him in their org but haven't found a new role for him , yet. Interestingly his profile was shifted from Hockey Ops to Management but his title remained the same. Strange.

• Cheers 1

53 minutes ago, Wolfgang Durst said:

I guess they want to keep him in their org but haven't found a new role for him , yet. Interestingly his profile was shifted from Hockey Ops to Management but his title remained the same. Strange.

Wall has around 23 years with the organization. I thought he was an up and comer. 

Maybe he is a candidate for the GM role.   Just spit balling.

It is really odd that his name wasn't removed.   Could just be a mistake. 

11 hours ago, 24K PureCool said:

How the hell can they throw a hissy fit over that? Which part is incorrect.

I really hope Aquilini send a kind letter, to HNIC and as asks them, which part is wrong?

Clowns in the press and medias becomes Kings in their own minds. 
Think they can get away with anything. So happy Aquilini has the balls to tell them off. 

11 hours ago, DeNiro said:

They take shots at the team and our fan base all the time. The second one criticism is thrown their way they get so defensive and start whining.

It really highlights the arrogance of some of these media types. They really seem to think their word is gospel.

that $&!# bag Ron Maclean also did a little segment about a national anthem troll of us too. HNIC panel is trash without Bieksa, they are either Leaf blowing or fawning over McDavid with the occasional Vancouver insult thrown in. 

Edited by JM_
  • Cheers 2