The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/UPDATE: Game(s) Postponed] December 18, 2021 Toronto Maple Leafs (20-8-2) @ Vancouver Canucks (14-15-2) at 4:00 pm on SportsNet TV and Radio 650

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

1 hour ago, N4ZZY said:

So what did everyone end up doing this afternoon instead of doing what we were all supposed to do (watch the game). 

Big snow day.....pushed and blew twice....still a lovely powder coming down. Hoped for a long awaited steak and martini dinner at a local hotel heli-ski lounge which morphed to Chinese takeout cause of the changes of late. Before bed from the looks of the window perusal, another big powder/snow removal day tomorrow.

Snows light, belly's full, healthy in the house, all's good....AND we're on a streak. GCG

1 hour ago, brilac said:

I wore my pajamas all day, and brushed the cat.

Epic....pyjamas all day!

Then do her nails:)

Edited by Cat Man

16 hours ago, Goal:thecup said:

That was just the start to a wild week across the NHL.

The Hurricanes' Sebastian Aho, Seth Jarvis and a staffer entered the protocol Monday and Ian Cole, Steven Lorentz, Jordan Staal and Andrei Svechnikov tested positive for COVID-19 on Tuesday, the team announced. The Islanders' Mathew Barzal, the Avalanche's Devon Toews, the Oilers' Ryan McLeod, the Bruins' Brad Marchand and the Canucks' Luke Schenn, Juho Lammikko, Brad Hunt and Tucker Poolman all entered the protocol Tuesday.

On Wednesday, the Bruins' Patrice Bergeron, the Red Wings' Robby Fabbri and Michael Rasamussen were placed in the protocol, and the Predators announced their list of players in protocol: Mikael Granlund, Ryan Johansen, Matt Luff, Michael McCarron, Philip Tomasino and Ben Harpur.

On Thursday, the Flames added Dillon Dube and Oliver Kylington to the protocol, bringing their total to 18 players. The Bruins added three players — Anton Blidh, Trent Frederic and Jeremy Swayman — to their list, joining Brad Marchand and Patrice Bergeron. The Oilers also placed forward Devin Shore in the protocol. The Los Angeles Kings added Drew Doughty and the Panthers added Aaron Ekblad and Frank Vatrano. Colorado also placed Andre Burakovsky and J.T. Compher in protocol.

On Friday, the NHL postponed Saturday's game between the Canadiens and Bruins in Montreal, and Wild vs. Panthers was also postponed. The Flames added Mikael Backlund to the protocol, upping their total to 19 players. The Oilers also placed Ryan Nugent-Hopkins into the protocol, and the Maple Leafs placed Alexander Kerfoot and John Tavares in the protocol. Also added to the list: the Capitals' Nicklas Backstrom. The NHL postponed Avalanche and Panthers games through at least Dec. 26, and Flames games through at least Dec. 23.

What????? All these guys are double ( if not triple vaxxed)! Perhaps the vaccine isn't as effective as the 85%- 90% listed on the BC-CDC website? 

• Vintage 2

27 minutes ago, CptCanuck16 said:

What????? All these guys are double ( if not triple vaxxed)! Perhaps the vaccine isn't as effective as the 85%- 90% listed on the BC-CDC website? 

Omnicron.

Spreads faster. Replicates 70% faster in the throat than Delta. However, it replicates 10% slower in the lung tissue.

Skips past vaccine. Vaccines were 85%+ effective against the original strain. 60% against Delta. 40% against Omnicron

Both Rueters and Al Jezerra are both saying it is as lethal as Delta

Edited by FaninMex
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, FaninMex said:

Omnicron.

Spreads faster. Replicates 70% faster in the throat than Delta. However, it replicates 10% slower in the lung tissue.

Skips past vaccine. Vaccines were 85%+ effective against the original strain. 60% against Delta. 40% against Omnicron

Both Rueters and Al Jezerra are both saying it is as lethal as Delta

3x3nrw.jpg

2 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

So what did everyone end up doing this afternoon instead of doing what we were all supposed to do (watch the game). 

We went carolling. I scored a gingerbread man, candy cane, 2 Lindt chocolate balls and a cup of hot chocolate! 

Cheers everyone! 

• Cheers 3

1 hour ago, JayDangles said:

Well, the worst part about flying from the Yukon to Vancouver and having the game cancelled, is that my wife then says "now we can go see 'House of Gucci'"... FML, my day went from bad to worse....

FYI do not go see House of Gucci.

Did you not go to see “Spider-Man: No Way Home”?! Dude, I feel your pain. 

47 minutes ago, CptCanuck16 said:

That post is not even remotely racist.  Nice try though. 

What makes you say that?

It seemed like a racist post. Chinese girl eating a soup containing a bat?

At least one person found it uncomfortable enough to speak out, I'm sure others found it disturbing but decided not to say anything to keep the talk here purely on hockey.

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1

1 hour ago, CptCanuck16 said:

Vaccinated really means protection from severe illness, oneself. You will be much safer vaccinated, as are these players that you’ve listed, if they are fully vaccinated and apparently the vaccine has been helping to counter the variants. It’s mainly an epidemic of the unvaccinated now, who still remain the large majority of patients entering hospitals.

Vaccination rates are also meant to save our hospitals & health-care workers from being over-worked & over-burdened to the point where they need to triage patients based upon their best odds of survival OR decide which surgeries to cancel, yet again, to maintain adequate levels of Covid case-attending nursing staff & doctors.

Vaccines also need timely boosters. It’s good to see that the recent omniC-variant, has been determined to be somewhat less harmful, however, than the previous incarnations. 

Edited by viking mama

1 hour ago, CptCanuck16 said:

Incorrect. Vaccination was tested and shown to have 90+% protection, at the time, against serious illness caused by covid. It is much less effective at protecting from catching the virus. 

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Bure_of_94 said:

I’d rather play them tonight then when they have Tavares and Marner in their lineup. 

We shut down Matthews and Nylander tonight, we’re golden. They’re missing 40% of their top PP unit. 

They’re also missing Spezza tonight who is in the top 6 on their team points wise. 

The fact of the matter is that Toronto was sitting #1 in the league before the injury/covid bug beat them whether we like it or not. 
 This year’s Canucks does not beat this years Leafs when both teams are 100% healthy.  Not at this point anyways... maybe after BB has been coaching for 3 months and they know his systems. 

People here need to understand what a great opportunity this is for our squad tonight. Perfect circumstance. 

Maybe yes and maybe no... i'd rather they try to stop the spread of Covid within the squad. Even if they'd bbear the Laughs, whats the point, if we lose the next handful due to lack of players...

We have been up against the odds before and pulled through. 
Also I'm not sure our D could hold the remaining Laughs, but thats beside the point. 

I am bitterly disappointed, as this team is on a roll just now, but safety first. 

Had enough bull$&!# last year with the Covid crap. Hope we don't have the same scenario this season. 

Send the players home, and see how they react, so they don't spread it more...

15 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

That was brought up this week. Now the person saying that said they can't do that. Because arenas are booked for the Olympic Break. But if this variant is spreading like this.

I wonder if concerts will get pushed back and rescheduled. 

Already started in UK. 

15 hours ago, Jaimito said:

Majority of our players fought through covid related issues before.  They are focused.  Next man up attitude. 

Some recap so far from Bruce's former workers at nhl broadcast. 

What a w..... to listen to. 
sounds like a leafs blow hard..
Just about down plays all the good done by the Canucks over the last 4 games... favorite scheduling bla bla bla...