The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Evander Kane

I think Kane is just a stupid person. 

After all the heat he's under for gambling and alleged spousal abuse not to mention sex assaul accusations he goes and makes a fake Vaccination card and gives it to his NHL team.

Then, obviously gets caught and a 21 game suspension for it...

After that he's kicked off the NHL team and sent down to farm club, he then traveled to Canada 4 or 5 days after testing positive for covid. Why not run it by his agent and tell him to get ok from SJS.

He should have been 100% straight and narrow. Dot the i cross the t.

He was kicked off the Jets by his team mates. Now Sharks players don't want him on their team.

He knows the SJS and the NHL are sick of him and want him gone..

I mean c'mon man. 

He's just a stupid person. Nothing else to it..

Edited by WHL rocks
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

37 minutes ago, rekker said:

The gym closures are a joke. I have been getting by with dumbells and bench at home. Not the same. I miss the gym, the friends there, the scenery ;)

Schwarzenegger grew up in post-WWII Austria in an old abandoned castle lifting rocks and furniture.

I’m sure we’re all able to get by in these hard times.

• Cheers 1

32 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

After all the heat he's under for gambling and alleged spousal abuse not to mention sex assaul accusations he goes and makes a fake Vaccination card and gives it to his NHL team.

After that he's kicked off the NHL team and sent down to farm club, he then traveled to Canada 4 or 5 days after testing positive for covid. Why not run it by his agent and tell him to get ok from SJS.

He was kicked off the Jets by his team mates. Now Sharks players don't want him on their team.

I mean c'mon man. 

As much as it would be a dream to have Virtanen and Kane on the same team performing at their best, there is something off putting by the two. 

• Cheers 1

55 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

1.5 mil??

Lol. The guy is worth league min considering the baggage he comes with.

Considering we just bought out Virtanen, with less hard evidence against him, Can’t see anyone on the Canucks being willing to take a chance on the idiot!

I don’t wish Ill on Kane. Hope he gets the help he appears to need. What irks me is that the Oilers get a player who could lift them to CUP contention. The same org that lucked their way to successive high first round picks. The same org that couldn’t organize a life boat drill to save themselves. 

Friedman on his podcast of today says somebody tipped him that the Canadian border services are doing an internal investigation about Kane crossing the border and on whether that was processed and handled appropriately.  He contacted them but they were not going to comment on specific cases.  

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

52 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

I don’t wish Ill on Kane. Hope he gets the help he appears to need. What irks me is that the Oilers get a player who could lift them to CUP contention. The same org that lucked their way to successive high first round picks. The same org that couldn’t organize a life boat drill to save themselves. 

If it makes you feel any better, they’ve pretty consistently done a good job turning their riches into rags so….. 

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, mll said:

Friedman on his podcast of today says somebody tipped him that the Canadian border services are doing an internal investigation about Kane crossing the border and on whether that was processed and handled appropriately.  He contacted them but they were not going to comment on specific cases.  

Possible criminal charges coming for Evander?  

1 hour ago, Boudrias said:

Not unless he plays goal or D.  

But yes, can understand the bitterness for all the favours the league has done Edmonton.

• Thanks 1

Now they will need to sell a big part of the future (picks and prospects) to get someone to take the cap dump contract so they can acquire an NHL goaltender.
Otherwise it’s all pointless because won’t win anything with the goaltending they’ve got. 

They are all in plus some and GMs around the league that have cap space to “help” oilers should be circling the impending train wreck. 
holland knows he can’t win in the playoffs with his this goaltending. (they can’t even win in the regular season) 

the price to dump Kos will be high as will the goaltender they need to actually be considered a contender. 

Hahaha oilers going down the rabbit hole. 

1 hour ago, combover said:

Now they will need to sell a big part of the future (picks and prospects) to get someone to take the cap dump contract so they can acquire an NHL goaltender.
Otherwise it’s all pointless because won’t win anything with the goaltending they’ve got. 

They are all in plus some and GMs around the league that have cap space to “help” oilers should be circling the impending train wreck. 
holland knows he can’t win in the playoffs with his this goaltending. (they can’t even win in the regular season) 

the price to dump Kos will be high as will the goaltender they need to actually be considered a contender. 

Hahaha oilers going down the rabbit hole. 

And they still won't be able to ice a D group with a single NHLer on the right side.

• Cheers 2

13 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

I mean c'mon man. 

So with Kane, Virtanen and MacEwan we could have had the three Stooges as a line…

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

I mean c'mon man. 

Don't forget the assault allegation he got here in Vancouver a number of years back. This dude has a laundry list of allegations, both immoral and criminal. If even 1/4 of the allegations end up being true, he's still a huge piece of work. I have no idea how someone can be so ignorant to attempt to defend Kane.

It's one thing if you just admit you don't really care about the contents of a person's character and you simply want a valuable player on your hockey team. That I would understand. I wouldn't agree with it, but I would at least understand. But you would either have to be incredibly naive or just plain stupid to try to defend him as a person.

• Thanks 3
  • Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Shayster007 said:

It's one thing if you just admit you don't really care about the contents of a person's character and you simply want a valuable player on your hockey team. That I would understand. I wouldn't agree with it, but I would at least understand. But you would either have to be incredibly naive or just plain stupid to try to defend him as a person.

And somehow a couple of posters attempt to do both.

• Cheers 1