The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks getting calls on Conor Garland

37 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

There's rumblings that Colombys are interested and they have plenty of good young defencemen.

Werenski is obviously out of the question but there's guys like Peeke, Jake Bean and Boqvist who may be up for grabs. Boqvist may be untouchable but he only just arrived from Chicago and is having an alright season.

Don't know much about Peeke but he's a 24ish year old right handed defenceman logging big minutes for CBJ and a bit of an all-around guy but he (like most of the team) is getting shelled in the +/-. I haven't watched him but wonder if he's a bit more of a shutdown guy? If he is, there could be a nice trade around Garland for Peeke, even straight up? 20 goal scoring gritty top 6 winger for a top 4 right defenceman?

Basically if we're moving Garland or Boeser it should be for a top 4 young defenceman, ideally someone who plays on the right side and someone who can play solid defence (think a young, rich-man's Schenn/Hamonic) but obviously there's not many of these guys out there.

We could gun for Boqvist, add more to Garland (eg. Rathbone?) and then roll with this:

Hughes - Myers

OEL - Boqvist

Schenn - Hamonic

Would love Boqvist as a return! Loads of potential but he’s had his injury issues so maybe if they’re not seeing a guy that can reach his potential because of it. I’ve contemplated starting a trade proposal of say Domi and Boqvist for Garland. Domi seems to be on the outs in Columbus and could be our Garland replacement. I wouldn’t take Domi back if he’s adding value from their side because he’s going to test free agency. So then it would be Boqvist+ for Garland. I can see Boqvist becoming a 50+ point dman! We would just need hulking defensive guys to look after Hughes and Boqvist.

48 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

Yup.  They thought he was better than Tanev.  Dummies

haha... I remember those posts.  He was already as good as Tanev and the new defensive coach was going to make him even better than Tanev ever was.

The most cringy part about it is how hard they went after anyone who didn't agree.

22 minutes ago, flickyoursedin said:

Would love Boqvist as a return! Loads of potential but he’s had his injury issues so maybe if they’re not seeing a guy that can reach his potential because of it. I’ve contemplated starting a trade proposal of say Domi and Boqvist for Garland. Domi seems to be on the outs in Columbus and could be our Garland replacement. I wouldn’t take Domi back if he’s adding value from their side because he’s going to test free agency. So then it would be Boqvist+ for Garland. I can see Boqvist becoming a 50+ point dman! We would just need hulking defensive guys to look after Hughes and Boqvist.

Completely agree, I think Schenn and Hamonic have that potential. OEL isn't physical but could be a great mentor, especially for the Swedish Boqvist and to be fair Myers seems like a pretty good leader too. So 3 young puck movers, 3 veterans to play shutdown defence.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Provost said:

haha... I remember those posts.  He was already as good as Tanev and the new defensive coach was going to make him even better than Tanev ever was.

The most cringy part about it is how hard they went after anyone who didn't agree.

Theyre the same group who cant see how overrated and useless Boeser is.

11 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

If Kings are the rumoured team, I wonder if Allvin goes with some Swedish connection and tries to land Fagemo/Andersson and Grans.

If I'm Allvin I'm asking for Grans and Turcotte at minimum. 

13 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

Theyre the same group who cant see how overrated and useless Boeser is.

Ouch. I like Boeser but he's the only one out of the core I'm ok trading. 

On the table is... 

Boeser, Chiasson, Dickinson, Poolman, 

I'd like to keep everyone else unless it's a ridiculous overpayment

41 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

Ouch. I like Boeser but he's the only one out of the core I'm ok trading. 

On the table is... 

Boeser, Chiasson, Dickinson, Poolman, 

I'd like to keep everyone else unless it's a ridiculous overpayment

So you're dead set on keeping halak?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Provost said:

i know.. i got roasted so hard for trashing on the signing the moment it was announced.. like seriously wth has he done in the NHL to earn a 4 year contract?? if this was 2 years at 2.5 or 4 years at 1.5 i can care less lol

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, nergish said:

Trade both if A-level prospects are in play.

Anyone's guess at this point what's going to happen. JR running quite the tight ship, not getting much out of this current management group in terms of rumors. 

Have been saying this for a while, if we are going to burn assets it needs to be for a long term partner for Q.

If we can convince someone to trade us a right D for a winger whether it is Garland or Boeser, I think we need to take it. Nobody trades d for wing. 
The only decent prospects we have are on wing and someone like Brock Fabre looks like he was made in a lab to play with Q. 
If we can’t find a good young D to play with Q or a young third line centre than I think we should stand pat. 
Any GM that is desperate enough or foolish enough to trade a quality centre or D prospect for a winger, please give us a call…

12 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

I really don't want to see Garland traded (much rather Boeser), but unfortunately it's sure looking like Conor will

be traded before TDL.

https://canucksarmy.com/2022/03/18/report-bruins-kings-and-rangers-all-interested-in-canucks-forward-conor-garland/?utm_source=vuukle&utm_medium=talk_of_town

Every player can be traded for a price.

Hopefully they’re just seeing if they can get a bidding war going.

The thing with Garland is his contract will still be valuable in the summer if they wanna trade him. They don’t need to trade him unless they get exactly what they want

That being said I hope they don’t trade him. I think he plays the exact way we want our team to play. And I think he might even have another level to reach.

10 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

I really don't want to see Garland traded (much rather Boeser), but unfortunately it's sure looking like Conor will

be traded before TDL.

https://canucksarmy.com/2022/03/18/report-bruins-kings-and-rangers-all-interested-in-canucks-forward-conor-garland/?utm_source=vuukle&utm_medium=talk_of_town

Kings and Rangers with the better prospects! If the Rangers won’t move Schnieder then both Faber and Grans are better RHD prospects over Lundkvist in my opinion. Hope if a deal is made it’s with one of these two teams and not the Pens or Bruins both prospect pools are very weak! Pens have nothing and Bruins only have small winger Hoglander clone in Lysell. We should be hunting center and RHD prospects.