The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Calgary Flames at Vancouver Canucks | Feb. 24, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

42 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

The city had an Olympic vibe to it. It was electric.

I remember the sun shining and people out in the street after each win. Driving around, honking (I was one of them).

We recruited more and more "fans" the further we went. I had theme parties here and made a logo cake (it was awesome). Every game a new Province poster came out and we'd add it to the living room wall until it was plastered.

It was an ongoing party. Me too my friend, me too.

Me too; Commercial Drive was grid-locked; set up at Penny's and had hot noodle, wontons, and gai-lan while reading all the latest news; plus the Province came out at about midnight; late filing for The Undertaker (Tony Gallagher) (now there was a Negative Nelly, but he knew hockey and some key insiders, like Gretzky).

I kept a lot of those newspapers and have them in the basement even though I have moved many times around the province.

The unis were designed to be powerful and aggressive by some psychiatrist or something, iirc; imo, they worked.

The whites were good too imo, and didn't we play whites at home back then?

• Like 3

Let's finish February with Ws and start playing meaningful hockey in March. Fun Times. The side plot about trading with NYR should be hopping. Here's hoping Benning's plan (but for Green) took a little too long to get off the ground, for his sake, but will nonetheless fly like an angel. Frak selling, I hope we are in a position to buy some added muscle. I wonder if Poolman will free some cap space for a replacement.

GCG

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, NHTyrany said:

Let's finish February with Ws and start playing meaningful hockey in March. Fun Times. The side plot about trading with NYR should be hopping. Here's hoping Benning's plan (but for Green) took a little too long to get off the ground, for his sake, but will nonetheless fly like an angel. Frak selling, I hope we are in a position to buy some added muscle. I wonder if Poolman will free some cap space for a replacement.

GCG

Poolman for Poolparty?

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Jaimito said:

Was getting some migraine like symptoms, according to Bruce. Thought they said he was getting better then this. Not good for a not so deep D core. But if Hamonic stays healthy, I think top 5 is serviceable for a run. OEL, Myers, QH, Hamonic, Schenn.  Depth challenged for sure. 

I like their physicality/size and ability to clear the front of the net also their defensive awareness is not to bad.

Edited by CanuckleHorse

15 minutes ago, NHTyrany said:

GCG

As long as our penalty kill remains in shambles (which it will continue to do so until our blue line gets fixed with another shutdown defenseman, and a real 3C) we have 0 hope of making a meaningful playoff run. 

Holding onto both Miller and Boeser puts us in a pretty bad position in the offseason, unless we can work a miracle and move all of Pearson/Dickinson/Myers/Poolman. 

We can be so good in 2 years if we're willing to take a small step back in the meantime. 

2 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Looks like the Bieksa we knew is dead…

He has fully turned to the dark side. :(

31782FDE-1674-44EE-B062-10AA6541CD9A.gif

I mean…4 quick points today and Monday and all of a sudden we’re just 2 back of Vegas. This road trip will determine what front office does at the deadline imo. 

• -DLC- unpinned and unfeatured this topic