The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Travis Hamonic to Senators for 2022 3rd-round pick

The trade is technically for a late second, as Ottawa is near the bottom of the standings.

Great move for the Canucks. Hamonic has been a pain since he's been here, and would likely have another random leave of absence at some point in his tenure.

Also the extra cap space is awesome.

Just now, Darkstar said:

The trade is technically for a late second, as Ottawa is near the bottom of the standings.

Great move for the Canucks. Hamonic has been a pain since he's been here, and would likely have another random leave of absence at some point in his tenure.

We are getting our 3rd back not Ottawa’s.

1 minute ago, Toyotasfan said:

A third from Ottawa is as good as a 2nd from a contending team.

Just now, Darkstar said:

The pick isn't Ottawa's. It's our own pick that we traded for Schmidt. 

1 minute ago, eeeeergh said:

I think this is the first step of properly rebuilding our D. Pooman is fine as a 3rd pair RHD, but we really need two top-4 RHD that arent going to get walked. Our defense is simply too slow.

Mostly agree with you, especially about the need for a more mobile D.  But on that matter, Poolman is actually okay, passable for second pairing.  It's his puck handling and passing that are questionable for that kind of deployment.  He was actually looking pretty good before he got hurt and seemed to benefit from the high flip breakout option that Bruce introduced.  So I think we can get by with him in a middle pairing role until a better option comes along.  Clearing cap is where that starts, for sure.

20 minutes ago, Devron said:

I don’t mind Poolman at his contract. He’s played some stellar games for us. Not all the time but if his minutes a adjusted properly he’s decent 

Yep, I don’t get the hate he gets he’s paid appropriately, the only blemish on his deal is it is a year or two too long, that is it. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2