The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Devils open to trading 2022 1st-round pick

2 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Would be Canuck luck.

Canucks win the lottery and are picking 5th!!!(after we changed the rules).

I’m not saying it will happen, but I will say I wouldn’t be surprised in the least if that actually happened. 

NJD's core is even younger than Vancouver's and they haven't found their goalie either.  All the concerns that Rutherford expressed about Miller's age are exactly the same for NJD - got to assume they would have the same concerns in adding a 30+ player.

Would expect them to target players like DeBrincat or Fiala who would fit their age group better than Miller would.  Also can't see Miller wanting to bury himself on a team that is still young and could struggle to establish themselves as contenders especially with all their concerns in net.

Chicago has announced a rebuild with Davidson talking of them taking the necessary time to get it right - hinted that it could be 5 years or so.  DeBrincat might not be part of their plans.  NJD are building around Hischier and Hughes down the middle - ie they need goal scorers on the wings. 

The Wild are completely cap strapped and Fiala is RFA who they can't afford unless they move Dumba and even then they probably can't pay him his worth.  Still 25, over ppg, over 30 goals, top-10 at EV, while playing with a patchwork of ill-fitted linemates for the 1st half of the season.  

Edited by mll
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, wildcam said:

Boeser and Canucks #15 -  NJ #5 --- Never never.. Boeser alone will bring us back a #2 D man and we still have # 15 pick

If Boeser alone, a player that hasn't broken 30 goals or 60 points could net us a #2 D man....why hasn't he?

Edited by Warhippy
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

If Boeser alone, a player that hasn't broken 30 goals or 60 points could net us a #2 D man....why hasn't he?

Maybe that never wanted to trade Boeser?  Maybe you should look at stats?????

GP 62 -  PTS 55. -- G 29-- Would of had over 60 points and 35 goals

GP 69 -- PTS 56. -- G 26. -- Would of had over 30 goals and over 60 points..

GP 57 -- PTS  45-- G 16

GP 56 -- PTS 49  - G 23 -- Heading for over 30 goals and 60 points

You don't think he would score more then 60 points if he would of played 80 games??? Sure would of??? Do the math??????

He has never played full seadon.Not easy trading in cap world.. Boeser has 7.5 million Dollar qualifying  and have to try and sign him..

33 minutes ago, Curmudgeon said:

Although he can be a real dick, Denis Potvin should be in the conversation. Nine all-star games, 1052 points in 1060 games, three Norris Trophies and a Calder Trophy, four Stanley Cups, 164 points in 185 playoff games and a career +/- of +456.

I have him at 6 and Robinson at 7.  No way I put Potvin ahead of those top 5 though...

2 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Maybe we should wait until Hughes wins a couple of Norris trophies before we compare him to the greatest defencemen to ever live…

Oh yeah for sure eh

But to just throw him in a trade for a 1st is asinine and merits no attention whatever.

23 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I have him at 6 and Robinson at 7.  No way I put Potvin ahead of those top 5 though...

I'd put Leetch ahead of Potvin as well.  How about American dmen, I'd say Quinn will be hard pressed to get into that top 5 even

Leetch

Chelios

Housley

Howe

G Suter

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Me_ said:

Oh yeah for sure eh

But to just throw him in a trade for a 1st is asinine and merits no attention whatever.

Agreed, but you have to admit it'd be tempting to hear what NJ would offer to have all three brothers

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

To Vancouver: 22’ first round pick (Jiricek), Severson, Sharangovich, and Bahl

To New Jersey: Hughes, Myers, 3rd round pick

Pettersson - Miller - Boeser

Garland/Podkolzin - Horvat - Sharangovich

Podkolzin/Garland - Dickinson - Pearson

Larsson - Lammikko - Aston-Reese

Hoglander

OEL - Severson

Bahl - Rutta

Rathbone/Poolman - Schenn