The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Senators trade Matt Murray, 2023 3rd-round pick, 2024 7th-round pick to Maple Leafs for future considerations

17 minutes ago, AlexBurrows14Yu said:

He’s won two Stanley cups.. plus they get more draft picks. Leafs won this trade. 

So Murray's two rings are worth 4.7 mill aav alone?  Because his play since his last cup isn't worth more than 1 mill aav.  HUGE risk on the leafs part.  IF they find a quality back up that can handle 30+ starts then maybe it's just kinda okay?  However, finding a backup that can play that much, will cost 2+ mill at least.  So they will have 6.5 to 7 mill rapped up in suspect goaltending?  Not a plan I'd want to stand behind.  Especially while they're in the middle of their competitive window.  

Just wow...

Edited by Hogs & Podz
  • Cheers 1

36 minutes ago, rekker said:

Funny. I can't find the usual media spin, "genius move by Dubas". I honestly think they can't find the words to spin this move. Lol.

It is a desperate move for a GM unwilling to move one of his "core 4." It's simple. Move out Nylander for a talented prospect or a depth piece and draft pick. Then use that cap space to try and lure Kuemper. His core 4 is the hill he will die on. Letting Freddy go was a big mistake. He is often injured at points during a season too but is better than Murray, despite his SC resume.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Pears said:

Leafs fans thinking they’d be getting a top prospect and a pick with Murray on suicide watch:lol: 

They were expecting 50% retained, either Formenton or Pinto to take on Murray lol!  They're pissed!  Not to many fans trying to spin this lol!

4 minutes ago, KirkSave said:

It is a desperate move for a GM unwilling to move one of his "core 4." It's simple. Move out Nylander for a talented prospect or a depth piece and draft pick. Then use that cap space to try and lure Kuemper. His core 4 is the hill he will die on. Letting Freddy go was a big mistake. He is often injured at points during a season too but is better than Murray, despite his SC resume.

they probably would rather trade marner.

2 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

How does Shanahan and Dubas still have jobs? Benning at least won a playoff round in the bubble. Leafs can't even make it out of the first round despite high draft picks.

Shhhh…..you don’t get it.  Canuckfans want those two to be employed by the Laffs….FOREVER.:P

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, RWJC said:

Wonder what TO will end up

paying in futures?

and why not just wait a little longer and get a guy like Samsonov for free? I understand the 2nd rounder - it’s nice, but the rest is just weird.

Honesty, it's been said many times, for many years with hockey. But I think "a bag of pucks"  seriously applies here. Lol. 

• Haha 1