The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Blue Jackets sign Johnny Gaudreau

1 minute ago, J-23 said:

They better get Tkachuk locked up this off-season or it may be a wrap out there.

If little Johnny walked away from $84 million what do you think Tkachuk is going to do when his father in charge?  He's as good as gone.  Will go play with his brother I think...

Wow. What a slap to Calgary’s face. 

Surprised Gaudreau went to Columbus. Thought maybe Philly, Jersey, or the New York teams had a better chance at landing Johnny. 

Columbus starting to become a destination for players. What could be the reason for Gaudreau to move to Columbus, rather than Calgary?

He left for family reasons 

like his family hates Alberta. 

Cbj he can have long summers and live in relative obscurity out  for diner no one will know who he is. 

Hockey media in Columbus ha. 

Took Less money to not play in Alberta.

2ECD734E-0A9D-4A95-B000-2224407A3308.gif

Kinda shocking tbh. Sure, CBJ there's no border crossing and a much shorter flight to Philly/NJ but damn - Columbus over every eastern seaboard team????

Every team getting better in that division except Hextall's Pens. Lou Lam got Romanov but not keeping pace with Carolina/NYR/CBJ. WSH got their goalie but need a C. NJD also need to do something if they wanna take the next step. 

Miller and maybe Garland to Metropolitan division intensifies I guess.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Teemu Selänne said:

Kinda shocking tbh. Sure, CBJ there's no border crossing and a much shorter flight to Philly/NJ but damn - Columbus over every eastern seaboard team????

Every team getting better in that division except Hextall's Pens. Lou Lam got Romanov but not keeping pace with Carolina/NYR/CBJ. WSH got their goalie but need a C. NJD also need to do something if they wanna take the next step. 

Miller and maybe Garland to Metropolitan division intensifies I guess.

I mean they were able to re sign Malkin and Letang to bargain contracts while saving a lot of cap space.

5 minutes ago, amplified0ne said:

Probably couldnt stand being coached by Sutter, and thus didnt go to Philly because of Torts.  That or other offers broke down and this was the only one he had that could save face, meaning he didnt want to circle back to CGY.  This is crazy.

Good thoughts.

• Like 1