The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Flames sign Nazem Kadri

4 minutes ago, combover said:

I could only use one laugh emoji. 
cowgary puck hilarious. 
Basically we don’t have players nearly as good but they don’t have the players that are worse like we have so we are close.lolololololololol

Colorado also doesn’t  play in a saddle isn’t that where asses goes? 

We don’t have a mackinnon or a makar but they didn’t have a Tanev and lindholm lmao

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, combover said:

looks like NYI missed out hahahahahhaha

where’s the media insider guy that said a deal was all but down. 

None of the “ insiders” saw this coming shows the value of their reporting skills. 

Calgary is the same as last season just older. 

I'm still not sure why people think GM's call reporters and tell them what trade offers they've made lol.

man flailing GIF

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Surely Kadri, Lindholm and Huby play together but that leaves Backlund as 2C and Rooney as their 3C and no one currently as their 4C.

Might be smarter to play these lines:

Huberdeau - Kadri - Mangiapagne

Toffoli - Lindholm - Coleman

Dube - Backlund - Pelletier

Scoring depth will kill this team but they retain their identity from last season to be fair. You know the Huby and Kadri signings will kill this team in 3+ years and their D and Marky are ending their cores so time so their window is now.

Poor landholders stuck with Coleman and tofoli :lol:

2 minutes ago, combover said:

1 year 
 Oops, I thought you asked how long till kadri regrets signing in a place known as COW TOWN !!!!!

We all know why he signed there, because he looked around and found out nobody wanted him. Now that he’s secured his retirement bag, he can float around and be back to being a rat and suspended.

41 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

Better team now than last year. Suits Sutter better too 

certainly as good. Trevling did recover well from the summer meltdown. 

I'm glad Kadri and Kane get to play each other, I hope EDM and CGY tear each other apart this year :lol:

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, HKSR said:

The "Kadri is a 2nd line guy" thing is rubbish.  Where do you think JT Miller would slot in as a centre if he were playing for Toronto or Colorado?  Oh yeah, I could totally see him dethroning Auston Matthews or Nathan Mackinnon.

Yeah that's fair but I would still put Miller as a slightly better player then Kadri. 

7.5 mil x 7 years would be a nice deal for everyone involved. Hell, go to 8 mill. All good 

For everyone who shut me down for suggesting this was a likely scenario or even a possible scenario….. eat my ….. ahaha use your imagination. I won’t be super petty and search it up. But you know who you were!

This signing has to help / leverage with a JT miller extension. Miller has more upside in scoring but Kadri is a Stanley cup winning stud two way C. Miller isn’t a proven C especially on the defensive side of the puck. So 7-8 million extension should be the conversation unless JT wants to be greedy which is his choice.

should make a sign and trade scenario or trade and sign easier as well.

as for us I hate this. I think they are honestly a better team with Kadri huberdeau and weegar over Johnny heartless hockey and tkachuk

• Cheers 2

9 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Yeah that's fair but I would still put Miller as a slightly better player then Kadri. 

7.5 mil x 7 years would be a nice deal for everyone involved. Hell, go to 8 mill. All good 

It’s very close 

Kadri gets extra points for his play as a C and Stanley cup pedigree and performance now

JT has the high end scoring numbers now 

• Cheers 1

40 minutes ago, Strawbone said:

I’d love to be a fly on the wall at Canucks front office today. 

If they are true to what they stated publicly, then they will stay the course on their vision in what they need to do in order to build to this team to a contender, and not make any knee jerk moves in response to other teams in the div. 

Edited by Jaimito
  • Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

So if Kowdri is worth 49 mil total, can Miller really demand 80 like some are suggesting? just don't see how there's a 31 mil gap between the two guys or what GM pays that. 

This does set the market for Miller imo. Miller is worth more... 5-10 mil more? 55 over 7 years maybe with a lot of bonus money and front loaded?

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, HKSR said:

I think Kadri is clearly a bonafide 1C.  Stop trying to put words in my mouth to setup your next reply.

NO, they are not the same.  NO they are not gonna get exactly the same dollar value. 

But with that said, NO, JT Miller will not get $15 to $20M more overall than Nazem Kadri.

Kadri has never been a 1C at any point in his career so its hard to say he's an automatic 1C IMO. Cool he put up over PPG numbers last season but that's the only time he's ever done it on a stacked Avs team. 

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Mackcanuck said:

Kadri will be 32 years old by the start of this season, will be interested to see how long the contract is?

And Vintage right on cue with the term!

He will be pushing 40 at the end of that contract

Flames have a 2 year window I guess they don't really care about the backend of the deal right now. 

That said it's cup or bust for the Flames the next few seasons

Edited by iinatcc