The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks re-sign J.T. Miller

Miller is going to have talented wingers to skate with for the majority of this seaon. Chiasson did an admirable job last year but imagine what Miller and a bounce back season from Brock could produce together or if Miller and Podz continue to build chem together. I am very amped for this season! I think that with the goaltending weakness in EDM and VGK, it puts them back of the pack, fighting for a wild card spot. Calgary should be very good again and I see them as the top dogs for the Pacific. My prediction is as follows:

1st- Calgary: deep at all positions and determined to show the hockey world what they can do after a roller coaster 2nd rnd loss and an insane summer of top talent turnover

2nd- Vancouver: a full training camp with Bruce, coupled with their confidence from last years 2nd half run, they will be very, very good, with an improved PK and top 5 PP!

3rd- Edmonton: Campbell can stay healthy compared to Smith but is still exposed as a 1B at best

4th- Vegas: fighting for a wild card spot. An oveverated, overhyped team that should never have traded the Flower.

5th- LA: despite bringing in Fiala and having a good mix of vets and youth, their goalies underperform

6th-Ana: similar to LA in terms of their makeup (youth and vets) but if Gibson falters/gets banged up, their season is lost.

7th- Sea: lots of average players in their lineup. When a rookie is forecasted to be your leading scorer...nuff said

8th- SJ: their D corp was once the talk of the league with Burns, Karlson and Vlasic. They should be a bottom feeder, hoping to have a good chance at winning the lottery to draft Bedard in '23.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

32 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

Newsflash: Not we "should sign...".....we DID sign. It's over/done.

Why not just sit back and enjoy the ride for awhile? You know accept the things you cannot change.

This fanbase is always screaming about something and I'm starting to think it's more about that than their actual hockey knowledge. "Discontent". We have a lot of reason to be excited and a wait and see approach is likely the best one at this point.

Yes & more yes!!! I will never ever understand the sports media and a small portion of this fan base!! It is impossible to understand what they’re saying, why they’re saying it & why they’re even a fan…it’s odd! 

• Cheers 3

37 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Curious how you came to that 50% increase. But not really. 60% of the time online stats are made up 100% of the time.

37 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Curious how you came to that 50% increase. But not really. 60% of the time online stats are made up 100% of the time.

Just made it up.  I believe their top 9 is going to be one of the top 10 in the league.  The 4th line is going to be  better than last year 4th line.  A season that starts with Bruce from the beginning.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, stanleysteamersmyl said:

Just made it up.  I believe their top 9 is going to be one of the top 10 in the league.  The 4th line is going to be  better than last year 4th line.  A season that starts with Bruce from the beginning.  

Always best to fess up.  We knew that anyways lol.

Excellent predictions.

1 hour ago, Angry Goose said:

You know what, Im not as worried about JTM’s contract taking a nose dive. You look at Marchand/Bergeron/Ovi etc. and those guys can definitely still play but more importantly are key PP guys like Miller is. I think he will figure out how to be a contributor later into his career if you want to be optimistic about it. If he does age poorly then I guess it was a bad gamble, but Id lean on JT being a proven competitor like the guys above.  

The next 3 years of drafting/amateur development will be key.

I hear you but the problem is for every Ovie/Joe etc there are literally 10x more that don't.

• Cheers 4

41 minutes ago, stanleysteamersmyl said:

Honestly I do really like the Mikheyev and Lazar additions. Feels like at least we can expect to not bottom out on the PK. JT Miller may get the Fred Vanvleet daddy bump. Doesn't hurt to have a fat contract extension too. I say our odds are 48.69% better than last season at making the playoffs. I am pretty excited to see Podkolzin mostly. He has some Russian homies now. This could be a real exciting season for him. He looked great in his rookie campaign. I have him as a sleeper PK beast if Mikheyev rubs off on him.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Goal:thecup said:

Funniest post to date.

It’s all he’s ( @-Vintage Canuck- ) got ..

That drop dead out of the sky humour when you least expect it.

we’re just  lucky he gets up early enough with a six pack of red bull for breakfast to catch all of the days Canuck news before us..   

I myself get a warm fuzzy feeling when someone here beats him to a headline or a goal scored in a GDT .….  It makes him seem more,.    human. ;) 

• Vintage 1

3 hours ago, -DLC- said:

Newsflash: Not we "should sign...".....we DID sign. It's over/done.

Why not just sit back and enjoy the ride for awhile? You know accept the things you cannot change.

This fanbase is always screaming about something and I'm starting to think it's more about that than their actual hockey knowledge. "Discontent". We have a lot of reason to be excited and a wait and see approach is likely the best one at this point.

Excited Celebration GIF by Slanted Studios

• Cheers 3