The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Bruins Sign former Renounced Coyotes Draft Pick Mitchell Miller to ELC [UPDATE] BRUINS RESCIND CONTRACT

AngryElf

On 11/12/2022 at 11:32 AM, mll said:

They can agree to mutually part ways but looks like Mitchell doesn't want to renounce to his contract.  He got 95K in signing bonus + he'll get 82.5K in the AHL (annual) even if they don't want him to report.

They can only buy him out at the end of the season.  He would actually get more money than if they let his contract run out (another 2 seasons after this one).  The buyout is done on the NHL salary.  He would get over 700K spread over 4 years - 2x 224K + 2x 130K.    If they honour his contract he would get 355K for the 2 remaining seasons 2x (95K + 82.5K).  

It's ridiculous how this guy gets money all because some idiot in Boston thought it was a good idea to sign him in the first place.

• Upvote 1
  • RoughGame 1

On 11/9/2022 at 8:03 PM, flat land fish said:

It was an attempt at jest for how hypocritical the world is on judging poor character.  I find it ridiculous at the massive number of athletes, celebrities and politicians that get a hall pass on weak character and the place everyone draws a line in the sand on Miller who by all accounts is fairly assessed deplorable human being.  My question which I was posing to the broader forum is why aren’t we tougher than on the many other bad actors out there especially those that are in positions of power and influence.  The culture of accountability those on this forum are trying to hold up at the expense of a teenager is laughable hypocrisy the same culture rules should apply to all not selectively.  I’m done with this topic and will get back to talking Hockey.

On 11/11/2022 at 8:20 AM, Phat Fingers said:

He was in the 8th grade.

not even shaving yet.. unless like me he was born to be a real life chia pet… lol.

but no one needs to be punished for already acknowledging a made mistake as a kid that just stopped playing with transformers and found out that girls are poisonous, at least until middle aged and in then they give off hot flashes first, as a warning sign that they are in emotional states where being a man is dangerous… 

lol just a joke… my ex tried to kill me… true story… tell ya later.

but let the kid go.  

he is a reformed person, learned from his mistakes. 

Read this. All I’m gonna say.

On 11/9/2022 at 8:39 AM, Bounce000 said:

Statement was released from the victim:

I am Isaiah Meyer-Crothers,” the statement read on the HDA’s Twitter account. “I would like to make a statement. I have been bullied since I was in 1st grade. There were not many black kids at my school. I was called "brownie" and “n------.” Kids said my black mom and dad didn't love me that's why I had white parents. 

“Mitchell used to ask me to sit with him on the bus and then he and his friends would punch me in the head. This happened my whole time in school. When I went to junior high Mitchell would spit in my face and call me a N word. I stopped telling because they called me a snitch and I would get made fun of. I had to say I was "his n------” to sit at his table and he made me clean the whole table.

“He threw food in my face. I was called “n------”every day. The office would tell me to stay away from him because he wasn't my friend. Once he got expelled from school, his friends started bullying me. He pretended to be my friend and made me do things I didn't want to do. In junior high, I got beat up by him.

“Everyone thought he was cool, but I don't see how someone can be cool when you pick on someone and bully someone your entire life. Middle of October, I was being texted constantly everyday till I answered a Snapchat and IG message from Mitchell Miller. He asked me why I always have my parents doing stuff for me and why can't I speak for myself. I told him I don't care what my parents say I'm old enough to speak for myself. He told me he was sorry and [that the apology] didn't involve hockey. He told me he was doing stuff in the community and helping the youth and wanted to be my friend. 

“I told him, "That's all cool but where is the proof though?" He didn't give me any [proof]. All the lies I have been told from him for so many years I don't believe what Mitchell told me. He kept asking me to be his friend and that he has changed over the years from what he did. I told him, "I'm not just gonna be your friend after all you did to me." I am now getting messages on social media from people, calling me 'a slow, retarded assclown' and 'you stupid N------,” saying that 'l need help'. Mitchell isn't my friend. It hurts my heart what he did to me. So I just wanted to tell everyone—when Mitchell says we're friends it isn't true. I can't take more of this.”

Absolutely heart breaking.

• Huggy Bear 2

On 11/12/2022 at 9:20 AM, canuck73_3 said:

I’m aware of that, but we can’t push him out based on accusation alone which is my main point. 

No.  Hahaha
Your opinions on a story made up by money hungry people about a guy who doesn’t want to pay ‘child support’ for his adult kids, don’t and shouldn’t matter.  
Why would your sensitivities have an impact on what someone else owns?

8 hours ago, Dazzle said:

You're missing one crucial part. Aquilini was not convicted of anything. The other dude Mitchell Miller was. There's actually PROOF.

Why don't you think for a second before posting?

lol 

Your posts are always good for a laugh perhaps
You should take your own advise. 

13 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Can they just suspend him without pay?

The NHLPA will fight it re their reaction to the Bettman comments about playing in the NHL.  He hasn't done anything to have his contract revoked since he signed it.  

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
50 minutes ago, Dumb_F_Farmer said:

*shrug* Should give him a chance in Abby;

There is no reason to walk away from these kids; Hopefully his dream comes true still.  A mistake is still just a mistake, especially when you're young. 

A mistake was his father failing to use a condom that one night.  What he did to someone who couldn't fight back was beyond pathetic.  This wasn't "one bad day" but YEARS of bullying.

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1