The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) Nux have given permission for Boeser’s agent to talk to other teams

RWJC

10 hours ago, saucypass said:

I agree. Fire sale in Vancouver, brought to you by the Canucks. Honestly Pearson is movable, I don't know why he isn't gone yet. He has the potential to hit 40 points, provide two-way ability on the 3rd line of a contender for under 4M. 

Yes, Poolman sucks. We overpaid so much during the Benning era, it's embarrassing. 

Poolman hasn't been healthy enough for a long enough period to show whether or not he can play. Rutherford seemed to indicate during summer that he's a good defenseman, but I personally think his career is over. He can't seem to get more than 5 or 6 games before his concussion symptoms kick back in, and it's not a fair assessment to determine someone is a really bad player when he's constantly injured. 

My guess is, he'll be the same thing as Ferland, his cap hit will sit there as LTIR for the duration of his contract unless another team needs the cap leverage.

• Cheers 1

41 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

Legit question 

Who would you rather keep if you had to keep one

Boeser or Miller? 

Boeser any day of the week. Sure he's on a 6.5M cap hit but he's young and we might be able to negotiate his next year. Miller is locked down, 8M for a long time, and he's already showing us he's not getting better, is only getting worse. I'd keep Boeser and trade Miller because also you'd hope we get more of a haul from Miller but even if we're just losing one for nothing, I'd still want to lose Miller. We could do some real damage with his cap hit in the future. For example...re-sign our best player?

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

Miller.  Miller does way more and is less of a liability.  Not even close.

Boeser gets slower every year - Miller will be faster at 35 than Boeser is even now. 

27 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Boeser any day of the week. Sure he's on a 6.5M cap hit but he's young and we might be able to negotiate his next year. Miller is locked down, 8M for a long time, and he's already showing us he's not getting better, is only getting worse. I'd keep Boeser and trade Miller because also you'd hope we get more of a haul from Miller but even if we're just losing one for nothing, I'd still want to lose Miller. We could do some real damage with his cap hit in the future. For example...re-sign our best player?

No way. Miller provides far more in terms of options. Cap hit sucks, but easily the better all around player per dollar spent 

• Cheers 2

We have players now that have replaced Boeser, and his position..  he has essentially been out played for a spot.

I don’t think we should have signed him, I did say that at the time..   letting his RFA go to UFA. would have been a reasonable decision considering his QO ,  and the 6.5 he signed for.

He is slow,  has been declining in his skating ability since  year 2 .  
We need the Cap space more than this player.

It’s time to move on from Boeser how ever possible.    I’m not even concerned for anything coming back ,   fresh air is good .

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, SilentSam said:

We have players now that have replaced Boeser, and his position..  he has essentially been out played for a spot.

I don’t think we should have signed him, I did say that at the time..   letting his RFA go to UFA. would have been a reasonable decision considering his QO ,  and the 6.5 he signed for.

He is slow,  has been declining in his skating ability since  year 2 .  
We need the Cap space more than this player.

It’s time to move on from Boeser how ever possible.    I’m not even concerned for anything coming back ,   fresh air is good .

Been saying this all along. 

Few ppl here have their rooms wallpapered with boeser posters hence the pushback.

• Cheers 1
  • There it is 1