The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) 4 teams interested in J.T. Miller

combover

46 minutes ago, combover said:

So you want confirmed rumours hahahahhahahaha.

Nah but stating this, is not actually rumor that they are interested in Miller: "...as for a trade before the March 3 trade deadline, the Pittsburgh Penguins have cap space next season and beyond to take on Miller's contract.”

It isn't even speculation that they want to take on Miller. They are two completely independent things.

By this measure of a "rumor" I could also say there's a rumor that Arizona, Boston, Seattle, Chicago, Anaheim & Buffalo are interested in taking on Miller, just because they all have cap space. So that's now 10 teams that are keen to take on Miller! Yay. It's just clickbait.

Not to mention NYR can't even afford Miller next season anyway, so I'm not sure how he thinks they should be part of the "rumor". Maybe because they were "linked" to Miller last season...

It would be so Canuckian to buy high on Miller (by extending him after a career season), then turn around and right away sell low on him just to buy high again on Horvat.

Trade Horvat. His value is through the roof, as is the price to sign him. We just saw how this plays out with Miller, let’s not do it again.

Edited by D-Money
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 2

10 minutes ago, D-Money said:

It would be so Canuckian to buy high on Miller (by extending him after a career season), then turn around and right away sell low on him just to buy high again on Horvat.

Trade Horvat. His value is through the roof, as is the price to sign him. We just saw how this plays out with Miller, let’s not do it again.

Frankly, I'd trade both along with Boeser at minimum

Edited by CanucksJay
  • Cheers 1

7 hours ago, Devron said:

Yeah like Boeser for instance. We’ll get a pick back and a guy that makes 4 million or something along those lines

I would love to see a proper hard in you face, PK-ing 3rd liner for Boeser even at 4M...

If we can't move much cap, at least get somebody in that can fill a spot of need.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

Can we get Boston to take JT Miller instead of Horvat?

Ryan Mast young 6'3 RHD is 19, found this scouting report on him: https://www.recruitscouting.com/player-profile-ryan-mast/

Brett Harrison young C with some size

Foligno/Smith as cap coming back that we can flip at the TDL for a pick?

2023 1st round pick?

for 

JT Miller

• Vintage 1

-----------------------------------------

Miller and our 2023-1st

for

Nemec and their 2023-1st

Miller

for 

KK

2023-1st

Morrow

Miller 

for

Bailey

2023-1st

Raty

• Like 1

If we can trade Miller we should and then Bo and Kuz plus Brock.  

Miller and Brock we will not get much but with Bo and Kuz plus the other two we could be looking at instant over haul with picks for the future.

In three years if not faster we can be a contender. 

I have said this many times.

• RoughGame 1

8 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Is he a good third line center though?

At almost 5 million cap hit he better be. I don’t see how that’s helping our cap situations with how long he’s signed. Seems like we’re just swapping one underperformer for another.

I’d rather take guys back with less term if we can. The goal needs to be to clear out cap.

He's 22.  

For perspective we have been playing Sheldon Dries & Curtis Lazar at 3C & 4C. Have Lane Pederson on our roster.  Yes we could use KK if we lost Miller.

And yes KK's a fine 3rd line C for most teams. Maybe not Carolina, with their defense 1st, drill sergeant platooned systems.  Younger than Quinn Hughes by nearly a year. Not far off the productivity and games played as the Sedin's, same age. Tracks 30 to 40 points now. Presume a breakthrough even if not huge.  That is still $3.5 Mill in the right direction towards signing Kuzmenko & Horvat.  

Carolina is at the cap. What else with salary are they going to give up?  That's part of the package to get the rest of the deal. A 1st and top D prospect is the real cache. 

• Like 1