The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks fire Bruce Boudreau, Trent Cull; name Rick Tocchet as head coach, Adam Foote as assistant coach, Sergei Gonchar as defensive development coach

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

29 minutes ago, eeeeergh said:

DISGUSTING shirking of responsibility

NOT TO MENTION... IMAGINE the smell

I know right, how long does it take eat an elephant one bite at a time ? A constant diet of elephant. Yikes.   I’ve heard elephant farts are the worst ! 

• Haha 2

This is encouraging. Sekeres and Price had Micheal Grabner on and they say he hid from Alain Vignault in the hallways bc he was such a dictator. But it was the exact opposite with Tocchet. I didnt hear the segment yet. But they mention it in this clip

https://twitter.com/CTVMorningLive/status/1617949729870024705?s=20&t=4ssbLHF1eKa6xwl0-ED2mg

2 minutes ago, MaxVerstappen33 said:

This is encouraging. Sekeres and Price had Micheal Grabner on and they say he hid from Alain Vignault in the hallways bc he was such a dictator. But it was the exact opposite with Tocchet. I didnt hear the segment yet. But they mention it in this clip

https://twitter.com/CTVMorningLive/status/1617949729870024705?s=20&t=4ssbLHF1eKa6xwl0-ED2mg

which one head coached 2 different teams to the finals over the span of 4 years again?

4 hours ago, IBatch said:

If that's bad - Babcock and Sutter are downright awful.   

Babcock" Got to push pucks"   "Got hit pucks"   "Got to kick the puck"  "Got to kiss the puck"  "Got to be the puck" la da da dee da.    You guys hated Green's press stuff too.   So i'm going to guess he's going to be hated here too.     Sure he sniffed a lot and talked fast.    Tochett is an animal.   So why not let us find out how he does before picking on stupid stuff like how he talks.   

People are downright aholes on this site. I wonder if they go about judging people like that in real life. It's pretty sad.

• Cheers 1

On 1/23/2023 at 10:27 AM, Fanuck said:

Wasn't Torts supposed to be that kind of coach?  His style didn't work out here and it's certainly not working in Philly either.  One wonders if that style of coaching works on today's modern athlete or if another type of method is more effective in motivating these guys?  Do any of the elite teams in the league employ that type of coach who has that philosophy?  I'm not saying it hasn't worked in the past, your example of your own team obviously backed up the method, but in today's NHL is that still applicable? 

Sure is look at the flames.

i honestly just want Rutherford an Allvin gone they've ruined this franshises reputation for years to come. Dosnt matter whose coaching players arnt going to wanna come or stay in Vancouver i have a feeling most players on team would love to be traded right now lol

Just now, Hogs & Podz said:

FLames are barley holding onto a playoff spot... Or are they 9th in conference?  Anyway... I don't think the old school way works with these younger players.

Then I agree to disagree with you.  

Look at the ahl there are many coaches including our own with the baby Nucks and they are doing good and most younger.

5 minutes ago, Hockey101 said:

i honestly just want Rutherford an Allvin gone they've ruined this franshises reputation for years to come. Dosnt matter whose coaching players arnt going to wanna come or stay in Vancouver i have a feeling most players on team would love to be traded right now lol

How bad would it look for the Canucks if they turned around and fired JR and Allvin next?  Real bad, and lost without a clue.

These guys have a plan. They never dealt with the coaching thing very well, but moving on. Their job here is to bring VAN a Cup. 

Other players weren't dying to go to Vancouver because Bruce was the coach. Kuzmenko liked Bruce a lot and might be the reason he signed in VAN, and that's all fine.

I can see over some time, once the Canucks start having success with Tocchet, that other players may see what's going on in VAN and may want to get on that ride. They want to bring a Cup to VAN, so let's see if they can.

3 minutes ago, Hockey101 said:

interesting i dont know player in the NHL who wouldnt want to play Bruce s style, fast paced an exciting 2 way hockey lol. 

I am pretty sure those same players enjoy winning too. Nobody complains when you are on a winning team.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, ToTellTheTruth said:

I liked JR's openness

It was just that he said one thing and Allvin ignored everything and did his thing, the opposite. Allvin runs the team period.

I hope Rutherford keeps informing fans about his thoughts anyway.

Allvin so far, was a bad hire. Trying to be too tough with other GMs. He is like Benning, unsure of himself and scared to make a mistake especially after that disastrous contract for Miller. Truly I think he knew he was losing both and that is why he signed Boeser and Miller to over priced contracts.

All this crud about not wanting to keep retention but do buyouts is so illogical.

I think they aren't trading Horvat before the TDL without letting other teams talk to his agent is because they are worried a team will trade and then flip him for more by letting other teams talk to his agent.

IMO they will wait until the 12th hour to make any trades just so that doesn't happen.

I knew technology was improving I just didn't think it extended to a hologram of Goncher at practices in the future

I have my doubts on Allvin, my personal feeling is he is just a puppet and JR is the wizard behind the curtain pulling the strings. But I’m sure he has his own individual thoughts on our current issues. Will see how it all pans out. I’m trying to keep an open mind. However so far, not impressed. 

I’m resigned to just “wait and see” for another 2 seasons to see where it all goes. After that I am gonna go full crazy and want to see it all burnt down to the ground…go full absolute scorched earth rebuild 

• Huggy Bear 1

56 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Everything I've heard from Tocchet so far is in-line with what needs to improve.

I'm excited to see what he's able to do here & how certain guys respond. 

So bitter sweet though. 

What if they improve too quickly and end up drafting 14th?