The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Bo Horvat to Islanders for Anthony Beauvillier, Aatu Raty, 2023 1st-round draft pick

6 minutes ago, Doxm said:

& if they hang onto Bo and lose him for free as a UFA you people are screaming that this management is terrible. It was quite obvious Horvat was NOT signing with this team. 

why would you hang on to him if you have no intention of signing him. he was going to be traded no matter what. I don't think this addresses any of the teams needs.

18 minutes ago, Muttley said:

The draft pick better be good because they didn't get equal value! I suppose they mostly did this because they couldn't afford a new deal for him because of their 

current cap structure. Having said that; If Horvat's ask really was higher then Miller's and a similar term, they couldn't do it.

remember its a rental, high price to pay if Bo signs somewhere else

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Sad that Bo is gone, despite this being inevitable it was always going to suck. Bo felt like a career Canucks. It's a shame we were so bad throughout his time here. All the best to Bo :(

On first look its good valuewise for a rental. Beauvillier is a youngish middle 6 C/W that has shown flashes, he'll add speed. Raty was supposed to be a top pick then fell to 2nd Rnd in his draft year. I haven't really followed him since but I see some are quite happy about this. And of course it's nice getting another first.

Bittersweet, really bittersweet.

• Cheers 2
  • Huggy Bear 1

We now have 35M in cap space tied up in our top-6 wingers. Not centers, just wingers. I guess we're hoping Miller can play center, otherwise Dries is our 2C and Lazar our 3C. Lol.

Hopefully JR is pulling Allvin's strings and this is only the start of a lot of trades for other team's top prospects but we don't have much good value left.

Realistically to come up with a win here, we need to flip some wingers for defencemen or defensive prospects. If this management have the balls to dare go into next season with the same top-4 defence they deserve to be fired.

I like this trade. 

We got a young speedy forward, a great center prospect, and a 1st round pick. 

Would've preferred a defenseman, but I would give this trade a B+ grade. 

I don't know how to feel about this deal.  

My initial reaction is that this seems quite underwhelming for the type of asset we're moving.  Would've been OK if we'd sent JT for this package.

Also find it hard to believe that we couldn't get a better young prospect. 

• Like 1

First - GOD DAMN!!! Will miss you Bo. I recall Willie welcoming you to the NHL asking what type of player you wanted to be. You were exactly the type of player the Canucks needed and were one to look up to by the young 'uns.

Second - all those now threatening to cancel your season tickets @TheCammer for example, let me know where your seats are, I may buy then from you.

Third - fingers crossed Bo circles back to the Canucks during free agency on a "back room deal" that never happened.

Edited by Rocket-68
  • Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Which is what I bet they’re banking on.

Of all the 1sts that we’re likely offered theres would probably be the highest.

I just feel like Allvin is rating another Euro player too highly.  I’m very underwhelmed that Raty is the best top prospect we could land.

Makes you wonder what other offers were like