The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Bo Horvat to Islanders for Anthony Beauvillier, Aatu Raty, 2023 1st-round draft pick

2 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Poor guy's been through it, I really hope he makes the playoffs, get destroyed in the first round and then he gets the hunger and signs a mega deal with a contender (hopefully in the East). Detroit have a bit of cap coming off the books yet...

But seriously he deserves to be in the playoffs the next 5 years of his career.

15 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Just realized Bo Horvat was the last player remaining on the Canucks roster that wasn't acquired by Jim Benning or the current management.

the more interesting thing from my perspective is that this could be viewed as the end of the line of canucks culture as we know it. quinn -> smyl -> linden -> sedins -> bo.

once brock is moved, that'll be it for players that played with the sedins. there hasn't been a version of the canucks without players that played with the sedins in, what, 25 years or more? 

1 minute ago, aGENT said:

Young, fast, solid (if unspectacular) "warm body", really good prospect, and a WAY better pick than we were getting from a contender. It's a good deal IMO.

For miller, sure.  Another year of AB at $4.1m and a protected pick.  How is a cap dump, under sized winger who doesn't score do anything to help this situation?  Then a protected pick?  I could see a protected pick if a dman were coming back........did they even negotiate?

There's also no guarantee that Raty pans out either......

• Haha 1
  • Wat 1

1 minute ago, TeamTurmoil said:

Imagine Bo gets dealt again? Say the Isles cannot move into a playoff spot before the trade deadline and they move Bo again (know they can't re-sign him) and they get a better return. Has something like that happened? 

If something like that happens. JR and Alvin will and need to be fired on the spot. 

1 minute ago, VegasCanuck said:

Not this year, I don't think you'd pry the 1OA away from whoever gets it by offering up your next 10 1sts.

Bedard dominates as a 17 year old. 

I know people really want Bedard - but I hope we somehow get Fantilli. 

3 minutes ago, Outsiders said:

DeNiro,

We are rebuilding. This was a rebuild trade. No retool happening here. Its a full tear down. Everyone goes

I’ll believe it when I see it.

Im worried they’re just going to flip these pieces for a quick fix. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

When you consider what we got for him in return it was the best thing for this organization.  The BO trade may turn out the same way long term...

Most fans are aware of the trade tree, yes 

We will see, I doubt it

Raty is a good center prospect, I'd say he's a B or a B+ 

Pick could be anything, we'll see 

Really sorry to see Bo leave, the only thing I can hope for is that this is the first of many trades through to March 3rd.

Next on Deck, Miller, Boeser Schenn and Garland.

OEL and Myers I believe will have to wait till Summer unless OEL suddenly decides he wants to chase a cup this year and the Canucks feel like retaining 2 million...ish of his hit. 

2 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

When you consider what we got for him in return it was the best thing for this organization.  The BO trade may turn out the same way long term...

They probably get the same return minus a NHL ready player.

Can't imagine any playoff or contending team giving up a roster player they could help them in the playoffs. 

• Upvote 1