The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Nashville Predators | Feb. 21, 2023

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

9 minutes ago, Oldmanpower said:

Quite amazing yes.  But it doesn’t make sense at this stage of our season to play Hughes so hard. I thought our coach was going to manage our best players minutes? I love watching us win and all but play the heck out of wolanin and some other new guys and see what we can develop.

Yeah, time to play some farm depth to see if they can be a part of the team next year and give some of the injured, time to heal for next year.

Edited by ShawnAntoski

55 minutes ago, Oldmanpower said:

Quite amazing yes.  But it doesn’t make sense at this stage of our season to play Hughes so hard. I thought our coach was going to manage our best players minutes? I love watching us win and all but play the heck out of wolanin and some other new guys and see what we can develop.

No point in breaking Hughes' body and will. I agree. It's a result of one of the worst defenses ever assembled in NHL hockey though. Tocchet, Foote, and Gonchar, must just be shaking their heads at the incompetence.

• Cheers 1

30 minutes ago, Harold Drunken said:

Beavillier - 8 GP, 4G, 3A, 7PTS - .875 PPG

Horvat - 8GP, 4G, 2A, 6 PTS - .75 PPG

Horvats getting all the love, but Beau has been one of our best players since he was traded here. I'm not saying they'll have a similar PPG with their new team at seasons end, but he's been a pleasant surprise and adds much needed speed, forechecking and defensive abilities to this team - 25 years old to boot. 

The points are great but like you said, he adds what we have been missing(see bolded above) and that is where we make the improvement on the team. 

Things are moving in the right direction. B)

• Cheers 1

47 minutes ago, Harold Drunken said:

Beavillier - 8 GP, 4G, 3A, 7PTS - .875 PPG

Horvat - 8GP, 4G, 2A, 6 PTS - .75 PPG

Horvats getting all the love, but Beau has been one of our best players since he was traded here. I'm not saying they'll have a similar PPG with their new team at seasons end, but he's been a pleasant surprise and adds much needed speed, forechecking and defensive abilities to this team - 25 years old to boot. 

A skilled guy getting the opportunity to play with the right players. Beau's a beaut!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, cocanuck said:

So glad they keep kuz,,  yes there is still time to trade him ( really hope not ) but he has out performed every number one overall pick sans mcdavid and crosby in the past 20 years..,  kid has amazing skill and yes i get he is 26..  who cares.   Skill is skill and he will get better which i cant wait to see!  

Yeah he's 26 but he plays with the exuberance, excitement and joy of a 19 year old kid. I'm glad we kept him. He could get close to 40 goals this year.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

4 hours ago, cocanuck said:

So glad they keep kuz,,  yes there is still time to trade him ( really hope not ) but he has out performed every number one overall pick sans mcdavid and crosby in the past 20 years..,  kid has amazing skill and yes i get he is 26..  who cares.   Skill is skill and he will get better which i cant wait to see!  

27, we'll see where we're at in a couple seasons. We'll see how he plays too, could still be traded further down the line. Lot of moving parts, depends on what he does and what he'd want. 

It's been a dog's breaky..but watching our team this season has also been a hoot! Freeken river pond hockey to the core.

Next yr, Ilya Mikheyev(100%, hopefully), Beau, & perhaps depth guys like Lockwood. We're starting to build a team with speed. Be nice to finally have a squad with guys that can fly, spread throughout the lineup. EP & QH are beautiful skaters as well.

25 minutes ago, ToTellTheTruth said:

Oh well it is just one game.

What a fluke, two goals in the last minute or so. I wonder if Tocchet will do the same thing, leave the top guys out for over two minutes and pull the goalie for an entire game. :D

Hate to break this to you. As bad as Vancouver is. The team is probably going to win 8-10 more games before the season is over. Unless the Ducks, Sharks and Blackhawks are somehow able to beat us.

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

What the hell is with this 10 page pgt? 

Where's the love guys? 

What an exciting comeback last night despite the Myers Stillman disaster... 

RT should have played them in the final minute to secure the tank

Jk

I like what RT is doing... 

Miller bounced back and had a better 2 way game and a key assist

I just hate the days when he decides not to use his brain... 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

Where's the love guys? 

Jk

Everyone seems to be hanging out in the trades and rumors forum, all furiously refreshing in anticipation of some Schenn/Boeser/Myers/Garland trade action!

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, CanucksJay said:

Where's the love guys? 

Jk

Most fans are on Team Tank and it leads to not watching the game but rather just checking the scoreboard. I usually watch about ~78 out of 82 games, but I've probably missed at least 7-8 already this year. 

So I finally played around with the NHL lottery draft simulator. It basically told me what I already knew. It’s a crapshoot and whether you finish 2nd or 6th from the bottom the odds of getting the 1st or 2nd pick aren’t much different. The only way to seriously increase your odds is to finish dead last. 

Here is the deal. I tried the lottery 20 times for 4 separate teams. The Canucks who are 6th, Chicago who are 3rd, Columbus who are 2nd and Anaheim who are 1st. These are the results from 20 tries. 

Vancouver - 1st place once, 2nd place twice

Chicago - 1st place twice, 2nd place twice 

Columbus - 1st place once, 2nd place once 

Anaheim - 1st place 4 times, 2nd place 5 times 

So as you can see, there wasn’t much of a difference between Vancouver, Chicago and Columbus. As a matter of fact, Vancouver landed in the 1st or 2nd spot one extra time than Columbus.  However, there was a huge difference between Vancouver/Chicago/Columbus and Anaheim. 

Bottom line. Unless we finish dead last the chances of getting Bedard or even Fantilli aren’t much different whether you are 2nd last or 6th. 

• Sad 1