The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Rangers trade Vitali Kravtsov to Canucks for William Lockwood, 2026 7th-round pick

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

He’s very much flashy. He could drive a line if he puts in the effort to play the right way. Hopefully he figures it out with us.

It was a free look at a guy who has a very high ceiling. 

If Krastov doesn’t figure it out, Tocchet will send him to Abbotsford very quickly to learn the right way.

3 minutes ago, wildwood12 said:

If Krastov doesn’t figure it out, Tocchet will send him to Abbotsford very quickly to learn the right way.

I think he will play on the big club the rest of this season. If we like him, then he’s got a very cheap QO number. If we don’t like him, then we just don’t offer him a QO. 

3 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Podkolzin should play with Petey and Kuzy.  He is the perfect compliment for that line.  With all the wingers we have now I don't see Beauvillier here long term.  He's probably flipped at the deadline next year.

With Kravtsov, I'd like to see him on a line with Raty and Mikheyev.  He would be the offensive weapon on that line.  

Kuzmenko      Petersson    Podkolzin

Miller              Fantilli          Klimovich

Mikheyev       Raty             Kravtsov

I'm not holding any hope we get Bedard, but if we get Fantilli who is like Mike Modano then we are pretty much set up front and can focus 100% on the defence in the summer...

We're most likely not getting Fantilli but it's nice to dream. Smith, Benson, Moore or Dvorsky maybe in a couple years, same with Klimovich, he's a year away at the least. We'll probably have something like

Mikeyhev Miller Garland or

Podkolzin Miller Garland

and Mik goes to line 1.

or most likely a cheap stopgap UFA.

This is my 2 cents :lol:

The whole purpose of Kravtsov is to have him play with Miller. Kravtsov is a Pearson-size player that can hopefully have some of that 9th overall talent flicker back to life, playing beside a solid mentor. Beuvillier is showing good chemistry with Petey, hopefully, that can continue to grow if that happens and Miller and Kravy click we'll have some good tradeable pieces available for D.

• Vintage 1

2 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

I think people need to change the narrative around players who “refuse” to go the AHL.

Kravtsov (and Tryamkin) were given European assignment clauses on their entry level contracts. Look at it from the player’s perspective. An AHL demotion means a >90% paycut and moving to a team with inferior travel and accommodations. Is it really a “character issue” when a player, fully within their rights (as agreed upon in their contract), says “no” to this? 

This is true but when they negotiate these clauses it also assumes they're not going to show up like a lazy, fat, slob like Tryamkin did either.

3 hours ago, Hogs & Podz said:

I don't see many pencilling him into the top 6... Think you're missing the point.  We gave up minimal assets to get one with much higher ceiling potential.  Whether he works out and becomes a quality player for the nucks or not, it's just refreshing to see a trade without overpaying, for a change.  Baby steps, low expectations after benning regime.  

I literally just seen it in the Miller thread. And seen it multiple times in this thread. I'd dig em up but I'd rather not. I am lazy. But people are pencilling him in the top 6.

22 minutes ago, HKSR said:

You gotta think Tryamkin is wishing he stuck around now with all these Russians here.

Dude hated the smell of the city. To many pot smoking hippies for his liking. Also, I don't know either guy personally (obviously), but to Tryamkin and Cutemenko seem like the types that would hang out anywhere besides a sitcom about how different they are?

2 hours ago, ktcy2 said:

I must admit I have not been following this prospect thst much. Is he like the rangers version of juolevi? 

Well, he hasn't had multiple serious injuries that completely derailed his career, so.........no.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1