The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[3-Way Trade] Rangers acquire Patrick Kane, Cooper Zech; Blackhawks acquire Andy Welinski, Vili Saarijarvi, conditional 2023 2nd-round pick, 2025 4th-round pick; Coyotes acquire 2025 3rd-round pick

• -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to [3-Way Trade] Rangers acquire Patrick Kane; Blackhawks acquire conditional 2023 2nd-round pick, 2023 4th-round pick; Coyotes TBD
1 minute ago, myre said:

This must be scaring Winnipeg as it relates to PLD. Only Montreal.

PLD is an RFA at the end of this year, he doesn't really have a say in where he goes. He can refuse to sign, but the Jets also can refuse to trade him which then makes PLD miss out on 6+ Million, which I doubt he will do.

1 minute ago, greenbean30 said:

PLD is an RFA at the end of this year, he doesn't really have a say in where he goes. He can refuse to sign, but the Jets also can refuse to trade him which then makes PLD miss out on 6+ Million, which I doubt he will do.

PLD just signed his 6M QO last year.  Would expect him to do the same if he isn't traded.  

4 minutes ago, greenbean30 said:

Sure and then Winnipeg gets absolutely nothing for him. You're kind of contradicting yourself between that matter and this matter. The fact that he's a restricted free agent doesn't really change a whole lot. He only wants to play in Montreal. I have thought for a while that Winnipeg was totally going to get screwed in that deal, but based on what Kane returned they might get screwed harder than I thought.