The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[ADF] Toronto Maple Leafs (A2) vs. Florida Panthers (WC2) | Panthers win series 4-1

Rate this topic

2023 Stanley Cup Playoffs | Round 2  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Maple Leafs in 4
    • Maple Leafs in 5
    • Maple Leafs in 6
    • Maple Leafs in 7
    • Panthers in 4
    • Panthers in 5
    • Panthers in 6
    • Panthers in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/04/2023 at 11:00 PM

Hmmm the Leafs exorcising their demons is impressive and no doubt this gives them a lot of swagger for the 2nd round but what Flordia did to Boston is nothing short of impressive.

If I had to weigh these two factors I think what Panthers did in the 1st round was even more impressive. So I say Panthers in 7.

This series is going to be loose, I worry for Florida, it'll fit Toronto's style perfectly. Tampa made it so uncomfortable for them, played them the TBL way and still they eeked out a win but only just. I worry Toronto is going to be flying after that win. I'd love for Florida to win but doubt they'll be able to contain Matthews and Marner. In net, Toronto get the edge as well - Bob hasn't been great whereas Samsonov looked unreal against the Lightning. 

I'd love for Florida to whoop these guys but I think Toronto win in a sweep believe it or not.

53 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I'm not Toronto fan, but limiting Leafs fans buying tickets sounds like a pathetic move.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/panthers-restricting-ticket-sales-for-series-against-maple-leafs-to-u-s-residents/

I have absolutely no problem with Florida reserving first dibs to their fans. The Laffers can have to leftovers. 

55 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I'm not Toronto fan, but limiting Leafs fans buying tickets sounds like a pathetic move.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/panthers-restricting-ticket-sales-for-series-against-maple-leafs-to-u-s-residents/

Doesn’t matter what Florida tries. It’s only for two games anyway. Leafs will sweep them away. 

• Wat 1

Sounds like many don't believe panthers can beat the leafs. I might be a minority then.

With the way Boston was playing in their last 3 home games, maybe it's good that they didn't escape with an OT win. Ulmark was probably hurting, same with a few of Boston's key players.

Playoff hockey is soooooooo much about momentum so anything can happen. Florida must have gotten a big mental boost from eliminating the team with a record regular season record. If Florida continues to play their play in the latter part of round 1 they can potentially take the east.

I think I'd laugh myself silly if we ended up with an all Canadian SC final.  Wonder what Bettman would

think of that?

Oilers vs Leafs.  Nobody outside of Canada is watching that series. LOL  Suck on it Bettyboy..:gocan:

• Cheers 1