The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks poking on Pesce

2 minutes ago, timberz21 said:

With everyone deserting Canadian teams, I doubt a New Yorker would want to settle in Western Canada.

My guess is even if Canucks offer is competitive, might not be interested in signing long term.

Well, Chris Higgins did, though they were a contender then.

4 minutes ago, D-Money said:

Pass.

Pesce is already showing some signs of age-related regression. He’s trending the same as Parayko. For what it will cost to acquire him, on top of the cap hit and term to extend him, it’s just not worth it.

This, a younger target please. I like Pesce as well but it would kill any depth we have to aquire him.

• Vintage 1
  • There it is 1

Pesce as a UFA would be intriguing.

Pesce as a trade acquisition in a market where the UFA options aren't very good and the position is highly sought after is likely going to be way too right for the Canucks.

Good on management for kicking the tires but I can't see how we could pony up an attractive enough package for CAR and pay Pesce market rate on his new deal next summer (along with EPs and Hronek's raises).

A situation that might work is if CAR takes back Miller but if that's happening then we're talking about a MUCH bigger deal since the Canucks would need a C in return.

• There it is 1

10 minutes ago, D-Money said:

Pass.

Pesce is already showing some signs of age-related regression. He’s trending the same as Parayko. For what it will cost to acquire him, on top of the cap hit and term to extend him, it’s just not worth it.

He has aged more gracefully, mind you.  Parayko's offense is gone.  No idea what happened.  Pesce went the other way and has actually turned into a more active on-puck defenceman who drives the play.... but at the cost of his defending.  But you're right in that his physical play is already starting to slow him down a bit.  I do not expect him to age well at all.

8 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Didn't someone post that Graves won't play in Canada?

I saw that too but no actual source to back that up so I won’t necessarily believe that until I see something more concrete. 

2 minutes ago, GhostsOf1994 said:

Graves is from Nova scotias, found it surprising he doesnt want to be in Canada. also, njd fans aren't very upset at loosing him for nothing.

A lot of quality maritimers on US teams though as there are prairie boys. 

He’s a #4 D and the Devils have two young LDs in Bahl and  Hughes 3.0(on top of Nemec) so letting him go is probably an easier pill to swallow.