The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks poking on Pesce

39 minutes ago, BC_Hawk said:

Yes, with drafting Willander, sign Schenn for 2 years and Graves for 4/5 years would be ideal. Following defense wouldn’t be all that bad for 23/24:

Hughes-Schenn

Graves-Hronek

Hiriose/Bris/Burroughs/etc-Myers

Graves over pesce.  You just know pesce isnt going to want to play in canada and want to bolt 

5 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

I don’t get all the posters with their trade ideas for this guy. He is not worth a 1st next year plus like so many saying. Is he? His db stats don’t seem that impressive for this kind of ask! Mind you, I have never seen him play

Hes a good dman, but we would be severely overpaying. 

• Vintage 1

21 minutes ago, aGENT said:

He's like a bigger, more physical Tanev, with a bit more offense. Other than having some miles on him he's pretty bang on IMO.

Ill take tanev.  Tanev has that x factor and is low maintenance.   I find these american players way too high maintenence.  

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

I don’t get all the posters with their trade ideas for this guy. He is not worth a 1st next year plus like so many saying. Is he? His db stats don’t seem that impressive for this kind of ask! Mind you, I have never seen him play

so a legit top 4 defenceman that only cost 4mil on ur cap this year can put up point 5v5 blocks a ton of shots is worth no more than a 1st?? sign me up we can trade a couple of 1st and get couple of top 4 defenceman 

21 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

Plus he is a UFA after next season...let's deal with Hronek first and see where that negotiation lands

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wai_lai416 said:

so a legit top 4 defenceman that only cost 4mil on ur cap this year can put up point 5v5 blocks a ton of shots is worth no more than a 1st?? sign me up we can trade a couple of 1st and get couple of top 4 defenceman 

Hronek cost us only a 1st and a 2nd. From what I see, Hronek seems better. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

lol in what sense? Pesce have been consistently a top pairing defenceman for 5+ seasons now.. Hronek without top unit powerplay time he'll prolly be around a 35-40 point guy.. Pesce is a 30 point guy as most of his points are from 5v5.. and he's wayyyyy better defensively and it's not even close.

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

Pesce is clearly better than Hronek, however he will be 29 later this year and he played for a defensive juggernaut. Hronek took on a big role for a leaky Detroit team. I don’t think P.A. will overpay for 29 years old Pesce. If he is 25 years old then P.A. will definitely over pay.

I just don’t see Canucks will come away with Pesce considering the list of contending teams going all in this year. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, NUCKER67 said:

He turns 29 in November. Not old. Canucks need more physicality on the back end. 

He'll be 30 when he signs his 7-8 year deal.  He's getting $6 million+.  Hronek at $7 million+.  Hughes at $10 million+ plus in 4 years.  Where is the money coming from to fit all these guys?  And where is Willander going to play, on the 3rd pairing?  Why bother drafting a stud RHD who projects as a top pairing guy if you are just going to overpay for a 30 year old in free agency?

If we were actually going to trade for Pesce, we should have drafted Matthew Wood instead...

Edited by Elias Pettersson
  • There it is 1

53 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

Ill take tanev.  Tanev has that x factor and is low maintenance.   I find these american players way too high maintenence.  

Was thinking the exact same thing - Calgary is a tire fire right now let's go get him!

7 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

He'll be 30 when he signs his 7-8 year deal.  He's getting $6 million+.  Hronek at $7 million+.  Hughes at $10 million+ plus in 4 years.  Where is the money coming from to fit all these guys?  And where is Willander going to play, on the 3rd pairing?  Why bother drafting a stud RHD who projects as a top pairing guy if you are just going to overpay for a 30 year old in free agency?

If we were actually going to trade for Pesce, we should have drafted Matthew Wood instead...

Right now if Klimovich and Raty are going to work out it looks like around the time OEL penalty balloons. Around that time we should be seeing Lekk and probably Willander sniffing around the NHL team. Silovs will have had some NHL experience by then. Lots of options coming for cost controlled players and cap will be climbing. 
A few contracts come off, Brock will be off books, Garland in three. 
We need to see what we will be paying Hronek and EP.  There is some money to spend but nothing crazy. 

• Cheers 1