The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

7 hours ago, J.R. said:

Again, barring injuries unless Rodin's 13th, I don't see them both on the opening lineup. If that's the case, Boeser gets papered down until Gaunce gets put on IR.

And that's what I keep stressing.  Rodin is not going to boot Eriksson, Gagner, Sedin, Baertschi, Vanek, or Granlund out of the top-9 wings, at least not on opening night.  Injuries WILL happen, and on the remote chance they don't, then hard decisions will have to be made.  Unless he has a terrible camp, waiving him is not the preferred nor likely option.

To Craig Button:  Is Brock Boeser on your starting roster?

"Yeah absolutely... I think that Brock is one of the best prospects outside the NHL... He's an elite elite player... Vanek is not a better player than Boeser...

I don't think they have a better player than Brock Boeser on the right wing anywhere in their organization...

...isn't the NHL about getting the best players on your team?"

http://www.tsn.ca/radio/audio/button-boeser-is-best-right-winger-in-canucks-entire-organization-1.859818

...so clearly let's get him down to Utica to develop.

• Upvote 2

I can't see them keeping Brock off the opening roster at this point either.  He's too good.  He's super mature.  He's not shying away from working on a complete game.  

I won't pout if he's sent down or if its later after a prolonged slump... but doesn't make a lot of sense with how last year ended / pre season has been going.

Jake, on the other hand, could use some prime Utica time - to work on his offensive game.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

And that's what I keep stressing.  Rodin is not going to boot Eriksson, Gagner, Sedin, Baertschi, Vanek, or Granlund out of the top-9 wings, at least not on opening night.  Injuries WILL happen, and on the remote chance they don't, then hard decisions will have to be made.  Unless he has a terrible camp, waiving him is not the preferred nor likely option.

Alright, so we're going with Rodin (assuming a good camp and assuming Boeser keeps this up) as 13th man as the concensus then and Rodin waits for an injury. (Probably not for long knowing this team :lol: )

Sedin, Sedin, Granlund

Baer, Horvat, Boeser  

Vanek, Gagner, Eriksson 

Burmistrov, Sutter, Dorsett 

Rodin

Still would prefer Baer on that '3rd' line as I think him and Horvat score because of their talent, not because of chemistry but, it is what it is. 

Edited by J.R.

1 hour ago, J.R. said:

Alright, so we're going with Rodin (assuming a good camp and assuming Boeser keeps this up) as 13th man as the concensus then and Rodin waits for an injury. (Probably not for long knowing this team :lol: )

Sedin, Sedin, Granlund

Baer, Horvat, Boeser  

Vanek, Gagner, Eriksson 

Rodin

Still would prefer Baer on that '3rd' line as I think him and Horvat score because of their talent, not because of chemistry but, it is what it is. 

I would go with that. Would like to sign Upshaw as well. 

Imagine its the Sedins last year and they finally found that elusive right handed sniper line mate everyone has been clamouring for lol:ph34r:

Management would get booed feverishly, and rightfully so, if they sent Boeser down.  Benning is not that dumb or obtuse(or acute for that matter), he'll make room for Boeser if need be.  As for Rodin, if he is the 13th forward on the 2nd worse team how much value, if any, can he possibly have? 

• Upvote 1

On 9/19/2017 at 6:54 AM, J.R. said:

Sedin, Sedin, Granlund

Baer, Horvat, Boeser  

Vanek, Gagner, Eriksson 

Rodin

That does look like game  one's lineup alright....only because Dorsett should be in for game one toughness, Rodin start in place of Burmistrov game one as well.

I think those 3 rotate into the lineup until Rodin makes it impossible to take him out...he is going to be one of our top PK men and on one of the PP's eventually, but Brock's goal scoring is going to trump (sic) that for now and Eriksson will get a whole lot of rope before he gets benched

Anyway with Dorsett and Rodin coming off long rehab's it would make sense to rotate those 2 in/out for the first while.

Man am I going to be unpopular for saying I think Boeser and Virtanen both belong in utica until at least february.

Let's keep Upshall and Rodin on the team and try to cash in on them at the TDL instead of rushing our prospects.  Virtanen being the first call up Boeser second.

On 9/19/2017 at 6:54 AM, J.R. said:

Sedin, Sedin, Granlund

Baer, Horvat, Boeser  

Vanek, Gagner, Eriksson 

Rodin

way I see it if Bo and Brock work well together there is no way  twins get first line duties as Bo and Brock will get more points then them

plus Bo wins more faceoffs

6 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Man am I going to be unpopular for saying I think Boeser and Virtanen both belong in utica until at least february.

Let's keep Upshall and Rodin on the team and try to cash in on them at the TDL instead of rushing our prospects.  Virtanen being the first call up Boeser second.

Couldn't be more in agreement.

52 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Boeser will be on the starting line-up come October 7th. 100% certain.

Edited by Odd.
  • Upvote 2

On 9/18/2017 at 5:59 PM, The 5th Line said:

This kid is the real deal and should be in the NHL.  Button made a good point today; What are the Sedins and others going to think when a clearly superior player is down in Utica when they could be using him up on the Canucks.  The team will want to win games and Boeser being in the minors isn't going to help that

I think his goal tonight sealed the deal.   He has a shot that is elite - period.   Laine comparison for shot - that is nuts that Canucks have this kid and was a 23rd pick to boot.   You can't teach a shot like that.    

1 hour ago, Rob_Zepp said:

I think his goal tonight sealed the deal.   He has a shot that is elite - period.   Laine comparison for shot - that is nuts that Canucks have this kid and was a 23rd pick to boot.   You can't teach a shot like that.    

Well, Laine has the potential to be a Brett Hull-type, 65+ goal scorer in the right scenario. 

Brock, at the very least, has the potential to be the best player on the Canucks.