The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Quinn Hughes | #43 | D

-Vintage Canuck-

2 hours ago, old guy said:

Just a reminder, when Bobby Orr broke-in they only played, I think, 60 games a season and then later in his career 70 games a season.

I could also have played in goal back then as well. So....

Exercise in futility trying to compare points from different eras.

• Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

2 hours ago, old guy said:

Just a reminder, when Bobby Orr broke-in they only played, I think, 60 games a season and then later in his career 70 games a season.

It was already a 70-game season during his rookie season and 74 games by his sophomore season. Orr himself played 61 games in his rookie year.

Watching these playoffs, Detroit and Arizona must be kicking themselves on passing up on the little man who plays with the talent of a giant. He truly has changed how we play as a team and attack with quick strike offense. A true game changer landing this stud!!!

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

16 hours ago, Grape said:

Ahh thank you! That makes me feel a lot better. 

18 hours ago, Robert Long said:

one detail you're forgetting tho is by burning that year Hughes is a 10.2(c) RFA - meaning he can't sign an offer sheet. He also won't need protection from the expansion draft. 

I also think Benning is happy to have the "problem' of paying a legit 1D. 

Is that true? If it is, thats a nice card to play once expansion draft comes up. Possibly poach a good D-man or 2 for draft picks to get under our protection list. Im not sure who the team plans on protecting on D when that time rolls around. Exposing and possibly losing Myers and his contract wouldn't be the worst thing in the world to happen

6 hours ago, KirkSave said:

Watching these playoffs, Detroit and Arizona must be kicking themselves on passing up on the little man who plays with the talent of a giant. He truly has changed how we play as a team and attack with quick strike offense. A true game changer landing this stud!!!

Detroit, I can understand why they passed on him, Zadina was ranked quite high and he still has upside, but Arizona absolutely had no business taking Hayton over Hughes. I fell off my chair at work laughing how that even was a possible. Remember how the CDC posts of the mock draft had us either getting Bouchard, Boquist or Dobson. I don't think any of us thought Hughes would land on our laps. He's almost single handedly turned this franchise around. Ive watched the Canucks since the early 90's, never have I seen a young Dman make such an immediate profound impact so quickly...and hes just gonna get better.

• Cheers 1

7 hours ago, filthycanuck said:

Is that true? If it is, thats a nice card to play once expansion draft comes up. Possibly poach a good D-man or 2 for draft picks to get under our protection list. Im not sure who the team plans on protecting on D when that time rolls around. Exposing and possibly losing Myers and his contract wouldn't be the worst thing in the world to happen

it is according to cap friendly 

11 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Roooooough night. Good on Greener to reassure him on bench. 

It was bound to happen at some point.

Amazed how well Hughes was playing in his first playoff experience.  He is so smart and skilled he will find his way through, Vegas is just that good, just took away all his time and space.  What a great learning moment for him, that in playoff hockey it gets that much more smaller on the ice lol.

Glad he had an attuned coach and veteran to keep tabs on him.

• Like 2
  • Huggy Bear 2

On 8/15/2020 at 1:44 AM, filthycanuck said:

Detroit, I can understand why they passed on him, Zadina was ranked quite high and he still has upside, but Arizona absolutely had no business taking Hayton over Hughes. I fell off my chair at work laughing how that even was a possible. Remember how the CDC posts of the mock draft had us either getting Bouchard, Boquist or Dobson. I don't think any of us thought Hughes would land on our laps. He's almost single handedly turned this franchise around. Ive watched the Canucks since the early 90's, never have I seen a young Dman make such an immediate profound impact so quickly...and hes just gonna get better.

This isn't true, I put up a poll here between Hughes, Bouchard, Dobson, Smith and Boqvist (basically the Dmen in our range) and Hughes was a distant third:

Edited by AK_19
  • Cheers 1

4 hours ago, AK_19 said:

This isn't true, I put up a poll here between Hughes, Bouchard, Dobson, Smith and Boqvist (basically the Dmen in our range) and Hughes was a distant third:

So many Bouchard votes... Poor misguided souls :lol:

• Haha 2