The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2019 NHL Entry Draft in Vancouver, BC

Qwags

5 minutes ago, Bure_Pavel said:

Even if he is BPA? 

Yup. My reasoning is our goalie depth is pretty strong. Goalies dont hold much value as we've seen in the past.  Also the most difficult position ti predict.  If theres interest from another team I'd like to trade out of the spot.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Bure_Pavel said:

If Benning has Knight ranked as the BPA when we pick would anyone be upset if we took him?

He is being touted as having the potential to be the best US goalie ever and is ranked in the top 5 and top 10 by some teams according to B Mac

Very good question. Do you draft a potential top 6 forward or top 4 defencemen? or swing and go for a potential franchise goaltender? Although we have Marky and Demko, we risk losing one to the expansion draft.

6 minutes ago, Bure_Pavel said:

Even if he is BPA? 

Yup.

For one, we have Demko and DiPietro. Only 1 can play in a given game. You can play lots of F and D (both of which we are shallow on).

For two, it's generally hard to get good value for goaltenders in trades. So picking one with the idea of freeing up another to trade would be foolish.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Whorvat said:

Kind of cool TSN has the NHL comparables for Turcotte/Zegras as Horvat/Pettersson 

https://www.tsn.ca/alex-turcotte-centre-1.1301957

https://www.tsn.ca/trevor-zegras-centre-1.1301953

As a side note, Caufield comparable is Lionel Messi :rolleyes:

https://www.tsn.ca/cole-caufield-right-wing-1.1301981

It compares to Pettersson and then states he is a 1B/2A C.... 

hmmmm... dare I suggest Pettersson is a 1A?

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, 250Integra said:

Very good question. Do you draft a potential top 6 forward or top 4 defencemen? or swing and go for a potential franchise goaltender? Although we have Marky and Demko, we risk losing one to the expansion draft.

The thing that might scare me off is looking at a player like Jack Campbell who was also said to be a stud. 

5 minutes ago, kenhodgejr said:

According to The Hockey Writers in order of best right shot defence man in this draft goes 

1. Moritz Seider

2. Victor Soderstrom

3. Lassi Thompson

4. Kaedan Korczak 

I hope we get one of these guys 

We could end up with two.  Seider at 10 and then one of Thompson or Korczak later?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

51 minutes ago, Pure961089 said:

Anyone play this for kicks?  https://fanspeak.com/nhlotc/ ?   It’s fun put not realistic.  I think it might be broken honestly.  But I got Seider in the 2nd round,  Cajkovic In the 3rd, Fagemo in the 4th and Martin Has in the 5th.   

While fun to do, something tells me its a little inaccurate lol ..

Bowen Byram at 10th

Spencer Knight at 40th

Tobias Bjornfot at 71st

4 hours ago, TGokou said:

Seider has moved up considerably from low 20s to 15 which is an average so some teams probably have him as high as 10 and others as low as 20. Also interesting there is a run of 5 defensemen in a row which means they are interchangeable based on what a team believes.

Assuming Mckenzies rankings are the most accurate in terms of a mock draft my choices would be as follows

1st - Zegras/Seider/Caufield

2nd - Nicholas Robertson -> rated much higher on most scouting services and in my opinion is gonna be a Brendan Gallagher mold

3rd - Pavel Dorofeyev -> would be criminal to not pick him up here if he is still available ..a second round talent for sure

I'm not as crazy about Zegras or Caufield for us (Boldy or Newhook are more my speed), but I agree about your 2nd and 3rd options.

We need to come away with at least one of Dorofeyev, Hoglander, Puistola, N. Robertson, or Grewe. 

23 minutes ago, nergish said:

I'm not as crazy about Zegras or Caufield for us (Boldy or Newhook are more my speed), but I agree about your 2nd and 3rd options.

We need to come away with at least one of Dorofeyev, Hoglander, Puistola, N. Robertson, or Grewe. 

Ironically Craig Button gave Newhook a bad grade on his skating.